Upsala, ON to Shunian, ON (160ish with 180km+ of pedalling)
Today was my first brush with rain. After a great late lunch with a Kate, Brian and Jodi, fellow road warriors making the trek back to the East Coast, the skies opened up and I decided to press on through Thunder Bay. 50km later, I was soaked, and decided to back track 15km to find a dry place to stay. Silly, unnecessary effort stemming from being a stubborn bugger. :) I got as far as the lamented Sault Saint Marie 664 sign – the loneliest sign in cycling. :) encouraging texts and notes are much appreciated over the next couple of days.
Back on the road today with more showers looming and a better attitude after a good nights sleep. No bad weather only bad attitudes :)
Make it a great day!
Current body status
- Arse – pretty sore, but less than you’d think (won’t go into more detail) ;)
- Hands – carpal tunnelled quite a bit – tried to pick up the guitar in the photo above and play and couldn’t
- Legs – little rubbery, but otherwise good
- Back – pretty good, a bit sore from hunkering down in the rain yesterday
- Beard – 7/11 lumberjacks (getting some serious salt and pepper – must be getting old!)
- Heart – pretty full
- Mind – saneish:) haven’t started talking to trees yet, but am definitely doing some open road karaoke