Back to our four categories
Last week wasn’t hard for me, because I had classes only on Thursday and Friday. I had to miss a few classes on Tuesday because I felt unwell, fortunately, it wasn’t a flu, I just had a slight fever.
- I finally finished the book that we’re reading with T.I. that is “Don’t look behind you”. Actually, I’m not really impressed by it, it’s just not my kind of book. Some moments or the main character’s actions just seemed too reckless and unreasonable to me.
- Yesterday I started reading “The Life of Gargantua and of Pantagruel” by Francois Rabelais. At first I was literally in shock by some things but now I can say that I’ve gotten used to it( well, almost).
- Also, I think that I’ll finish reading “The Boy In The Striped Pajamas” by the end of this week, because there are only a few small chapters left.
I think that the most difficult thing that I needed to do this week was to retell the text. It wasn’t really hard or anything, the text was just really big and we had only 40 minutes to read it. The thing that kind of scared me was the fact that I needed to make a video of my retelling and I’m not used to talk on camera at all. I felt really uncomfortable and kept forgetting some important things. Also, I was really annoyed with myself when I noticed a lot of absolutely stupid mistakes in my speech. So, I really need to work on that.
As always, I’ve learnt a lot of cool words such as
- mortgage -ипотека
- bogus-притворный, поддельный
- due date-день родов
- baloney-полная чушь, вздор
- let alone-не говоря уже о том, что
- I’m through-с меня хватит!
- None taken-хорошо/да без проблем/вовсе не обиделся
- to cook up smth-придумать что-то, изобрести
Today I’m going to watch a film called “The Lake House” as we were asked to do it by our Russian teacher. Then I’ll write a little essay in which I’ll describe the house.