Do Something for yourself this week!
It’s #Mondaymotivation time! This week, please do something for yourself! Whether it’s just ten minutes a day or one hour on one day — but make it truly something for you and you only! See how much better you feel when you’ve had some real you-time — you’ll most likely feel calmer, happier and have more to give to everyone in your life who needs you. It’s like filling up at the petrol station and giving your engine some oil :). To make this easier for you, here are some simple ideas that don’t need too much prep!!!
- A beautiful bath — bubbles, candle, glass of wine, some music (no kids or animals allowed!!)
- A run or walk in the woods
- A bike ride (it can be so liberating when you haven’t been on a bike for a long time!)
- Watch an old favourite movie with favourite snack and favourite drink (I always enjoy watching Mamma Mia!)
- Have a massage or facial — something where you can close your eyes, relax, switch off your mind
- Read a book, curled up in a quiet spot whether indoors or outdoors — and make sure you can’t be disturbed, so you can truly lose yourself in the story.
- Take yourself into the garden and take care of a garden bed (without being interrupted!) — gardening can be very therapeutic
- If you enjoy cooking but rarely have the time to cook in peace — create some time for yourself where you can cook a new recipe (or an old favourite) in peace, no interruptions, with music or a favourite tv show on in the background.
- Take yourself to a yoga or pilates class. It’s effort to book it and get there, but once there you’ll be taken into your own private zone where it’s just you and your body and your mind.
I hope this has given you some ideas — the key is to tap into what makes you feel happy, relaxed, recharged and stops you thinking of just now and next. Enjoy and please let me know what you did and how you felt through any of the following links and use #simplymindful.