UL Launches Innovation Challenge: Can you propose a solution to improve the state of US infrastructure?
The quality of today’s US infrastructure (bridges, roads, power supplies, etc.) is deteriorating . In fact, the American Society of Civil Engineers gave the US infrastructure a grade of D+!
Please consider the following facts which help illuminate some current issues and pressures facing US infrastructure:
- -More than 66,000 bridges are structurally deficient
- -More than 2 trillion gallons of drinking water are lost annually due to water main breaks
- -Power generation facilities and the electric grid are being stretched to the limit
- -The US population is expected to exceed over 400 million by 2050 placing higher demands on US infrastructure
- -As structures and facilities are aging, they are being utilized more often which necessitates more frequent maintenance
As a company, UL seeks to promote safe living and working environments and has an expansive range of technical expertise to employ in these endeavors. *To learn more about UL, click here!
MindSumo hosts challenges for UL and over 250 other companies to help generate unique ideas and insights from a community of over 300K US college students.