In the recent worker’s config update we have introduced two new things:
- Flexible caps for the high temperature (hot and very hot values);
- Flexible power consumption.
Flexible caps for the high temperatures
There are two new fields available under additional info in the worker’s config section. First is the value for hot temperature and the second is the value for very hot temperature.
Adjusting these two values allow you to control when do you want to see a yellow triangle icon for hot temperature and a red circle icon for the very hot temperature. The default values are set at 75°C (167°F) and 89°C (192°F), but since ASICs and some modern GPUs (such as Radeon VII) have much different temperature thresholds, we decided to give you control over this display.
It is important to note that setting these two values won’t have any effect over alerts and triggers. Setting up different values will only affect when the warning icons are shown and they will be shown on the following pages of the dashboard:
- Workers list;
- Worker’s profile;
- Dashboard (diagnostic part);
- Worker’s statistics.
Flexible power consumption
We have added a field for custom power consumption a while ago. The power consumption for the worker set through this field was shown instead of an empty value or value that is reported by the software. Now, we have added a new option to enter an offset - for example, +70.
By entering an offset, the value in the offset will be added to the power consumption that is reported by the mining software.
Let’s say that we have a rig with 8 GPUs and that the software reported 630W as the total power consumption of the worker.
- Entering a value 700 will show 700W as the total power consumption. If the software will report 650W in the next sync, the total power consumption will still equal 700W.
- Entering a value +70 will also show 700W as the total power consumption. However, if the software will report 650W in the next sync, the total power consumption will equal 720W.
Want to try minerstat dashboard for monitoring and managing of your mining farm? Start now for free and register a new account.