Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute
In May 2010, Government of India under Ministry of Science and Technology has selected NIE for setting up IEDC with grant of Rs 48 lakhs. IEDC gives grants to five innovative student projects of Rs. one lakh each for five years. NIE signed National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) membership in 2008 to train and develop entrepreneurs from NIE student community. The NewGen Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (NewGen IEDC) is being promoted in educational institutions to develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in S&T academic institutions and to foster techno-entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment by S&T persons. The NewGen IEDCs are introduced in academic institutions (engineering colleges, science colleges, universities, management institutes) having requisite expertise and infrastructure. Click here: www.minglebox.com
- To channelize the knowledge and the energy of youth towards becoming active partners in the economic development process
- To catalyse and encourage the development of knowledge-based and innovation-driven entrepreneur and promote employment opportunities to youth specially students
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs
- To motivate, support and mentor students for identification, development and commercialization of their innovative ideas
- To initiate targeted number of innovative student projects each year for new product development.
- To introduce Business Plan Competition/Innovation camp/Hackathon with an active participation of industries and alumni’s
- To guide and assist prospective firms on several aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, information on technologies, loans and facilities from agencies of support system such as banks and foundations etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs, professionals, bankers, potential customers and create a mentorship scheme for innovate students. Click here for more detail’s: www.minglebox.com/article/news/entrepreneurship-development-and-innovation-institute
- To facilitate creation of Entrepreneur Club/E-Cells in the institute to foster culture of entrepreneurship in between students.