Goals for a tech team
I’m working on driving our team to the following goals which I believe will help us a lot in long run.
- Build the right things:
- Talk to customer, listen to customers feedback
- Listen to our data/telemetry
- Think through the proposals carefully and use multiple angles
- Always think about a way to validate your assumptions.
2. Build things right:
- No codes get in without Code reviews
- Doing code reviews is working, everyone should spend their hours to do it and do it carefully.
- No new codes get in without new meaningful tests
- All tests need be passed before the codes can move
- Styling is important
3. Move fast:
- Implement CI with automations
- Working on short sprints to react fast
- Telemetry for realtime monitoring and realtime alerting in productions
- Its okay to check fixes in directly in productions
- Bugs in production should have a lesson behind it for everyone to learn from.