Weekly News! Software Testing Shouldn’t Require Expert Coding Skills!
Join Paul Merrill, Principle Software Engineer in Test of Beaufort Fairmont Automated Testing Services, and QASymphony for a webinar on successfully implementing test automation. We’ll discuss getting started with test automation, what tests to automate first, best practices for success and more. Learn More.
If you’re following lots of testers on Twitter, are part of the MoT or Testers.io Slack, read testing blogs, or are just generally keeping up (or trying to keep up) with all the goings on in the testing community, you can read about how everyone is setting up shiny new automation frameworks, solving Selenium related automation problems, and getting to grips with the latest cool tools and programming languages. But, what if you aren’t one of those people? Read more here
This is a highly interactive class, completely unique, doesn’t involve a laptop, uses Lego to model theory and is entirely focused on automation in the context of testing. Read more of this article here.
You may have heard the rumours, and those rumours are true. London Tester Gathering Workshops (#LTGWorkshops) are now part of the Ministry of Testing family. Following on from our Masters of the Ministry initiative, here at the Ministry we’re dedicated to bringing high calibre workshops to the testing community at affordable prices. Read more here.
I often get asked what makes a good tester. And even more, what makes testers succeed. There is no ‘secret sauce’ for this, but I do believe good testers do certain things to put themselves ahead of the curve. Read the rest of the article here.
We’re coming to the end of our security testing challenge! How did you fair? What has been your key take away? Have you discovered a new area that you want to learn more about? We’re like to hear all about it over on The Club.
Want to get featured here? Submit your blog to our Testing Feeds!
- 100 Day Deep Work — Mastering Automation ~ It’s all about… Testing & Technology
- London Tester Gathering Workshops Join The Ministry of Testing Family — Ministry of Testing
- Which Android versions are most important for testing? — spriteCloud
- Theories of Error — A Seasoned Tester’s Crystal Ball
- The Testing Kraftwerk — Hiccupps
- Computer Security: Password Managers — WatirMelon.Blog
- Running subset of espresso tests locally and gcloud — Medium
- Avoid The Automation Language Barrier — Responsible Automation
- Can you help me discover effective ways to test mobile apps please? — Better Software Testing Blog
- Stop being a NON-Technical Tester! — QA Intelligence
- Computer Security: Passwords — WatirMelon.Blog
- What we can learn from the “schools” of organic food production | Rockin’ and Testing All Over The World — therockertester
- Becoming Mentally Strong — Test Retreat
- Security and WordPress — Test Retreat
- Testing an open source project with students — Lyon Testing
- Daily Learning — Day 24 — Software Testing Blog by SKC
- Stop Starting, Start Finishing — A Tester’s Journey
- My first little pytest plugin — Bart Vanherck
- Be sure before you close that door, before you roll those dice…… — Christovskia
- Mindmapping And Common Pitfalls To Avoid — Chronicles Of Testing:
- Unit Testing Anti-pattern — Asserting on Not Null — Everyday Unit Testing
- The 100 Day Deep Work Challenge — james-willett.com
- Penetration test or vulnerability scan? — Technical Software Testing
- It’s time to give back — Adventures in QA
- SoapUI: Configuring Rest Services Without WADL — Assert.This
- Test Manager vs. Test Coach — Katrina the Tester:
- You don’t have enough tests and you never will! — Bugsnag Blog
We go hunting to see what testers are talking about, so you don’t have to!
- Ministry of Testing: Boston (Boston, MA) — Meetup
- How to give an amazing talk without the nerves
- Announcing the first SHA1 collision — Google Online Security Blog
- Image-to-Image Demo — Affine Layer
- On Vegan Cooking and What Testers can Learn from it — Paul’s Testing Rants
- Penetration Testing Tools Cheat Sheet
- How to Set Up Charles Web Debugging Proxy for Android Devices and Mac — Software Testing Course
- QA Test Engineer — Children’s Design & Engineering — Jobs and careers with BBC
- Tech Tent: Indian rockets, password confusion and the parenting app — BBC News
- Quality Assurance is broken. Here’s how we can make it as agile as everything else.
- Code reviews vs. unit tests — fight! — Hackernoon