Weekly News: When Testers Deal With Process Debt
BDD is the opportunity to make great impacts on your product. Focus the conversation between the team members on the benefits of your feature and drive your development more efficiently. Read article | Check Out HipTest
Technical debt is anything related to the software under development, whether directly or indirectly, which is no longer useful to the development process or the maintenance of the application being developed. Read…and share!
Are you planning on coming to TestBash Brighton? Courses, workshops and conference, mixed in with all the social gatherings. Learn something new, spark ideas and find your testing tribe Book to avoid sad faces!
Do you have stories and ideas you want to share with us or the solution of a tricky problem you solved? We want talks that are highly creative, fun, but still focus on learning. We will be reviewing TestBash Germany submissions until 14th February 2017 — this means if you submit before this date then your submission will be considered for Germany. Find out more here.
Not long now until the challenge kicks off! Why no join in this February. Meet some great people and pick up a few new skills, or dust off the ones you have. Learn and share the 30 Days of Security Testing together.
We’ve all been new in a testing role at some point. You might remember starting out as a tester and whether you received any training at the time. Did it help to set you on the right path in your testing career? Were you thrown in at the deep end, given no training at all, and expected just to get on with it? This great article is available on The Dojo
Want to get featured here? Submit your blog to our Testing Feeds!
- Jmeter Tips & Tricks — Tip 7 | Technical Software Testing
- Specialist vs. Generalist: which is better for your career? · Code Without Rules
- Feature Advocacy — ThinkTesting.comThinkTesting.com
- Meetup Lyon Testing Ministry Of Testing | Lyon Testing
- Bugs and Tickets Prioritization — SQA Mate — Medium
- API test framework templates — A quick start repository
- Awesome Testing: TestOps #4 — Continuous Improvement
- The good, the bad and the wonderful of blogging — Quality Frenzy
- Playing the TestSphere game | Testknight
- Why product security is hard — Medium
- A Seasoned Tester’s Crystal Ball: Re-testing without the tester
- TestSheepNZ: Farming Experience
We go hunting to see what testers are talking about, so you don’t have to!
- Test automation: the secret to DevOps success — Atlassian Blogs
- Please stop trying to sell me for management… — Noah Sussman
- Introduction to RSpec — The Odin Project
- Visual Studio Coded UI Testing — Execute Automation YouTube
- A curated list of testing resources- GitHub — TheJambo/awesome-testing
- Open Sourcing Bluepill: Run iOS Tests in Multiple Simulators — LinkedIn Engineering
- Dear tech companies: Stop shipping unfinished shit — cnet
- 28.3. venv — Creation of virtual environments — Python 3.6.0 documentation
- An overview of accessible web applications and widgets — Accessibility | MDN
- Testing in Agile: The Sprint Is Too Short! — Testing Excellence
- Creating a Testing Community of Practice — The Growing Tester
- What’s In a Name? Experimenting With Testing Job Titles — Martin Hynie | The Dojo
- The evolution journey of Android GUI testing — Medium
- Shut Up and Take My Money! The Red Pill of N26 Security [33c3] — YouTube CCCen
- Mouse Hover Actions in Selenium Webdriver — Selenium Easy
- Explained — What’s Up With the WhatsApp ‘Backdoor’ Story? — The Hacker News
- Bug ‘exposes’ WhatsApp message secrets — BBC News
- “TestOps: Chasing the White Whale” by Ioana Serban — Codemotion
- Adding visual regression testing to Sidekiq — Percy.io