Setting up a masternode may require a lot of time, especially for those that are not technologically savvy but things will be easier if you use Minnodes masternode hosting service.
Step 1: SignIn
- Go to Minnodes platform and sign-in with discord or MinID (if you do not have a MINID account, please sign-up first).
- Click Hosted MN you will see all coins listed on Minnodes platform available for hosting.
Step 2: Deposit MINC
- We charge a fee of 2 $ per month and pay by MINC (about 2 MINC by the time when this article was written) so you need deposit MINC first (you can buy MINC from exchanges or DM admin on discord).
- Click Wallets in the left menu and choose Minnodes (MINC).
- Click Generate wallet address to display your unique wallet address.
- Press Copy Address to save it to your computer or use “QR Code” to get the address’s QR code which can be scanned and saved to your smartphone.
- Open the your Minnodes desktop wallet and send 2 MINC (or more if you want to setup more Masternodes)to the provided address.
- Once you get about 15 confirmations for your deposit transaction, Minnodes will update your account balance.
Step 3: Get masternode transaction ID
- On your Desktop wallet, click Receive tab -> Request payment and Copy address.
- Switch to Send tab and send the exactly the collateral amount to the address you have just created.
- Switch to Transactions tab, have one transaction say Pay to yourself, right click to it and choose Copy transaction ID.
Step 4: Setup Masternode on Minnodes platform
- Back to Minnodes platform and to to Hosted MN.
- Choose the coin you want to setup Masternode.
- Click Continue and choose a plan,there are 3 plan for you to choose depending on the time you want to install Masternode and Continue.
- Enter your Masternode name (whatever you want ) and Masternode Transaction ID you have on step 3 and wait the transaction reaches 15 confirmations. Click Continue.
- When the installation is complete (only about 2–5 seconds) you will receive the masternode configuration information,please copy it and back to your desktop wallet choose Tools -> Open Masternode Configuration File -> paste configuration to the last line.
- Close your wallet and re-open, wait for full sync.
- Go to Masternode tab and click Start-MISSING, you will see success message. Now can close your desktop wallet and don’t worry about your Masternode because it has been installed on our dedicated server.
Note: We use a cold wallet setup so your coins never have to leave your wallet. At no point will we have access to your coins.
If you liked the article, please don’t forget to clap and follow us on: