I’ve been waiting for almost 20 minutes now and whenever I do ‘list’ command at HBase shell, this error goes on:
I asked google and stackoverflow about this matter, and they gave me a non-prod-fix solution: stop zookeeper, delete all data state of zk, then start zk again.
I’m afraid I might experience this error in production so I need to find another workaround for this. The solution is to be-friend HBase regionserver and master logs (it is located at $HBASE_HOME/logs), cat those logs and grep for the ‘FATAL’ (word) error.
I found out that its looking for a class thats needed for a co-processor of a certain HBase table (and yeah I deleted the JAR file because I assume its not needed anymore..). The solution for me is to bring back that library, restart HBase, and voila. It works gracefully.