Treating yourself right!
Being divorced I found I have to treat myself right. No other to ask to and frankly the only person that knows what I really need.
In a marriage or long friendship construction you find people to expect the spouse to solve the feeling of not valued. Herewith we hand over control over our lives.
Nothing wrong with handing over control, just not over your life.
SO to feel better about your life you should treat yourself the way you want to be treated.
I suggest a list of 5 for this week
· Get yourself nice flowers and if no money pick one nice flower in nature.
· Get yourself something you really like. For instance, a magazine, nice wine or chocolates.
· Don’t limit yourself by telling I have no money. Put on some music you like.
· If you like good food browse for a new recipe invite an or more friends and eat together.
· Sounds simple perhaps but just hold yourself. See you for the loving person you are.
Some of the above may sound strange. Still you want to be loved, you want to feel held, you want to be treated nice so Let’s start today doing so. Not depending on others.
Take control back on your life and realise you and only you can make the change for this.
This is a change that will take time allow yourself this. It’s okay if you don’t get it the first time the way you would like it to be. It will take one step at the time. And sometimes one step forward and two steps back. Just stay focused on your goal: your happiness.