18 Tech facts which will blow your mind !!!
1. A red panda is an animal native to the Himalayas and southwestern China. The English word for red panda is ‘Firefox’ which is where the browser gets its name from — so the Firefox logo is actually a red panda, not a fox!
2. The very first Apple logo featured Sir Isaac Newton sitting underneath a tree, with an apple about to hit his head.
3. Bill Gates house was designed using a Macintosh Computer.
4. The word robot comes from the Czech “robota“. This translates into forced labour, or work.
5. The average computer user blinks seven times a minute, the normal rate is twenty times per minute.
6. The 30th of November is known as “Computer Security Day“.
7. On 1st April 2005, NASA pulled a prank telling the world that they had found water on Mars.
8. The radio took 38 years to reach a market audience of 50 million, The television took 13 years to reach a market audience of 50 million, The iPod took 3 years to reach a market audience of 50 million.
9. If you was to have your picture taken by the very first camera, you’d need to sit still for 8 hours.
10. The creators of the PNG file format wanted it to be pronounced as ‘ping’.
11. Alaska is the only state in America that can be typed on one row of a traditional English QWERTY keyboard.
12. In general, people tend to read as much as 10% slower from a screen than from paper.
13. In 1932 Professor August Dvorak created the Dvorak keyboard, which was made to be superior to the standard QWERTY keyboard.
14. Doug Engelbart created the very first computer mouse from wood in 1964.
15. In 1822, Charles Babbage created the first computer.
16. 1024 Gigabytes is equal to 1 Terabyte, 1024 Terabytes is equal to 1 Petabyte, 1 Petabyte can hold 13.3 years of HD-TV video.
17. 86% of people try to plug their USB devices upside down.
18. Surgeons who grew up playing video games make 37% fewer mistakes.