Oats Idli Recipe | Hungryforever
Idlis are a breakfast favourite even outside south india. Fibre rich oats and rava combine to make delicious instant idlis that you can enjoy fresh.
Serves : 2
Prep&Cook Time : 30 mins
- 1 cup oats, plain oats
- ½ cup rava / bombay rava / semolina / sooji
- 1 cup curd
- ½ cup water, add accordingly
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp channa dal
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp baking soda, optional
- 16 cashews
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the oats for 2 minutes. roast till they turn crisp. we have used rolled oats.
- Allow to cool and then blend to coarse powder. do not make fine powder. keep aside.
- Time to prepare the tempering. add 2 tsp of oil. when the oil turns hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal, jeera, channa dal. saute till they splutter.
- Fry the grated carrot for a minute or two.
- Then add half cup of semolina / sooji. and roast for 2 minutes or till thet turn fragrant.
- Cool down the mixture completely before you add curd.
- In a large mixing bowl take the roasted sooji along with oats and salt. mix them well.
- Now add 1 cup of curd and give a good mix.
- Add in required water and mix well.
- Add required water to get idli batter consistency.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and soak the batter for atleast 10 minutes.
- Now just before steaming add in baking soda and mix till batter turns frothy.
- After adding baking soda do not let it sit for more time. grease the plates with oil and place cashew in the mould.
- Pour the batter into the idli moulds.
- And steam it for 10 mins
- Allow it to rest for 5 mins then unmould. serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Tag : Oats, Idli, Recipe, Breakfast