Oats Pongal Recipe | HungryForever
Oats is gaining popularity mainly because of its health benefits and also they are convenient and easy to cook. It is said that fiber and other nutrients found in oats may help lower cholesterol, reduce high blood pressure and also reduces the risk of certain type of cancers.
Serves : 1
Prep&Cook Time : 25 mins.
- Oats — 1/2 cup
- Split yellow moong dal/pasi paruppu — 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts — 3 (break it into 2–3 pieces)
- Salt as needed
- Ghee for frying
- cashew nuts and oats -1 tsp
- For the seasoning
- Ghee/ clarified butter — 2 tsp
- Ginger finely chopped — 1 tsp
- Whole black pepper -1 tsp
- Cumins seeds/ jeera -1 tsp
- Curry leaves -few
- Cook oats in half a cup of water adding salt.
- Then add cooked moong dal to oats and cook for some more time until well blended. Check for salt.
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee, add pepper and jeera seeds, when jeera sizzles, add ginger, curry leaves, saute for a second and pour it over the cooked oats + dal mix. Mix well.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and serve hot with coconut chutney or pongal sambar.
- This pongal should be taken hot.
Tag : Oats, Pongal, Recipe, Low fat, Breakfast, Diet Recipe