Strawberry Pudding Recipe | HungryForever.Com
strawberry pudding is just as good as banana pudding and made the same way except you use strawberries in the recipe instead of bananas.Love it!
SERVES : 8
PREP&COOK TIME : 35 mins
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 cup sugar to taste
- 1 quart Water
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch (if you like your pudding very stiff use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest optional
- Clean and rinse berries. If they are large cut in halves or quarters.
- Bring water to a boil over medium heat. Add sugar and strawberries and simmer until berries are tender, about 8 minutes. You will still have lumps of berries. If you want a smooth consitency, break the fruit up by pushing the berries with the back of a spoon on the side of the pan.
- Dissolve cornstach in a little water and add to fruit, stirring constantly. Add vanilla or zest if desired (one or the other not both).
- Bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue stirring and allow pudding to boil a few minutes. The pudding should no longer be cloudy and regain its shine and gloss.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator until thouroughly cool. Depending on the bowl size and shape, this could take several hours.
- If you are planning to substitute part of the sugar (would not suggest all) with baking Splenda, add the splenda to the bowl just before cooling.
TAG : Strawberry, Pudding, Recipe, Dessert