Jarvis — A feature-rich Zulip Chat Bot
“Jarvis” — Excited !! , Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- What is Jarvis ?
- What features does Jarvis provide ?
- How we built Jarvis
- Hands on Jarvis : Deploying the Bot
- Want to contribute ?
What is Jarvis ?
Jarvis is an Intelligent Bot lets you perform utility and fun stuff like games,.
Built with Python ❤ and Zulip Api , Jarvis-Bot is the most feature-rich unofficial ZulipChat Bot .Jarvis is free and open sourced.
What features does Jarvis provide ?
It provides features such as -
- News based on Keyword
- Live Sports Score
- View Lyrics of Songs
- View Movie Details
- Weather forecasting
- Dictionary based search
- Currency Conversion Viewer
- To-Do List
- NLP based Instant Response
- Remote Login Via Bot
- Access file lists of a system via bot
- View Man Page of any Linux Command Line
How we built Jarvis
- We used Zulip Api as our User Interface platform.
- Our backend scripts work in Python , used API’s for some task
- Build Algorithms for implementing game bot within Jarvis
- Implemented a SSH based service for File System Acces over Bot itself
- Implemented a NLP based response system for enhancing user experience
Hands on Jarvis : Deploying the Bot
To deploy Jarvis bot using your local machine as server, follow following steps:
- Firstly create a zulip organisation on which you want to deploy bot. If you already have one then you may skip this step.
- Register a new bot user on the Zulip server’s web interface.
- Log in to the Zulip server.
- Navigate to Settings -> Your bots -> Add a new bot. Select Generic bot for bot type, set both bot-name and bot username to Jarvis and click on Create bot.
- A new bot user should appear in the Active bots panel.
- Download the bot’s zuliprc configuration file to your computer.
- Go to Settings -> Your bots
- In the Active bots panel, click on the little green download icon to download its configuration file zuliprc (the structure of this file is explained here).
- Make sure sure that your system has following packages installed -
- enchant (Please make sure your enchant version is <= 1.6.1–2)
- sshpass (For debian based system install using
sudo apt-get install sshpass)
- aspell-en (For debian based system install using
sudo apt-get install aspell-en)
- Install all required python packages, rum command
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Now we are all set, to run bot enter following command
zulip-run-bot <absolute path to jarvisBot.py file > --config-file <absolute path to downloaded zuliprc file>
Example Usage —
zulip-run-bot ~/Projects/JarvisBot/bot/jarvisBot --config-file ~/Projects/JarvisBot/bot/zuliprc
- You can now finally use power of Jarvis in your organisation.
Latest news :
Song Lyrics :
Popular Trending Movies :
Popular Trending Shows :
Movie Search :
TODO List :
Cricket Scores :
Currency Converter :
Man Page Of Command :
NLP Based Output :
Hangman Game :