5 Key Ideas to Design Thinking
What are the most important points that can help you dramatically?
5 main points to get you started are
To empathize you need to follow a series of steps in order for success.
- You need to watch how people act throughout their normal lives
- Make interactions through planned and unplanned encounters
- put yourself in their shoes
To define you string together all your findings from empathy and focus on a challenge.
- To be successful in defining you must obtain a deep understanding of your users
- You must come up with your point of view that is focused and more of a guide
To ideate is to think more broad for possibilities and outcomes.
- You want to explore a wide variety of ideas or concepts
- This will allow your next step (prototype) to come into focus
Prototype is turning an idea or vision into a physical thing.
- It is not necessarily a robot or mechanical process, it can merely be a wide variety of written ideas or acting out your possible thoughts
- This allows for a visual to help construct your idea
- It not only tests the function of your creation, but it also lets the creator to see needed changes or what works the best
Testing allows you to visually see what works and what needs to be reconsidered.
- Even if you have to start from scratch every test, it helps you get one step closer
- You may discover new or different ideas that work better than the original
Using all the steps above will bring you to a quality outcome. If the outcome is not what you hoped for or planned out, start from a step back and see what could have gone wrong and what can be fixed.