Mobile Application Development –Basic Guide for entrepreneurs to leverage their app strategy
Everyone knows large mobile applications such as Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The development of mobile apps has become a multibillion dollar industry with high expectations for the future. Many business concerns — small, medium, big, startups — already have or busy developing a mobile app of their own. How your business can have a mobile app of its own? And How it will survive in this competitive market?
PROVAB TECHNOSOFT creates next generation native mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows and Blackberry…www.mobileapptelligence.com
MobileAPPtelligence, an award winning mobile application development company shares some points that will help you in this regard. Creating a Mobile Application Development is a very complex and costly process, but it can bring great benefits to your business.
Types of applications according to their functionality
- Basic Functionality apps are easy to build and design and a good option for businesses who want a “simple” application that displays basic information.
- Database with custom functionality: Imagine you have a full amount of content you want to use. An example would be hundreds of dog breeds that want to organize and display differently. This can be done beyond the basic table format, development becomes more complex.
- Games: The range of complexity in this type of app is very wide. You can start with something very simple to get to 3D or incorporating user-experience through physical movement of the device. Everything is possible in the Game Center.
- Improvements or modifications to the hardware of the device: This means that when creating the app certain phone functions such as alarm, camera or flash, to make it better are taken. For example, the Camera + app that adds filters to the pictures you take with your phone.
- Fully dynamic applications: Similar to database applications, these apps are based only on external information — Twitter, Weather Channel, Flipboard.
- Personalised services: These applications are designed to allow users to input content in a specific way.
- Everything else: Sure there are thousands of applications that are completely unique, but the above list could cover 95% of what is available today.
Mobile Application Development: Diversified according to different technology
- Native Applications are developed with the Software Development Kit or SDK offered by each operating system (e.g. xCode /Objective-C for iOS, Eclipse/Java for Android, Visual Studio/C# for Windows Phone). Native apps are designed and programmed specifically for each platform, whether Android, iOS or Windows Phone, in the language used by the SDK. Features in native apps are frequently updated and the users who download it get the latest version.
- Mobile Web apps are server-side apps, created with server-side technologies like PHP, Node.js, and ASP.NET. Unlike native apps, web apps need not be installed. Web apps are not yet capable of using device’s features like camera, accelerometer, local storage etc.
The type of application you want to develop can change depending on the amount of content you have and how much control you want to have on the whole process. It is important to realize that you can get applications very quickly if you know perfectly well what kind of application you want to develop. You have to seek expert advice from an app development company to decide what kind of app is the one that best fits your business model.
Software Development Life Cycle followed for any Mobile Application Development
The application development process can be classified into four main parts — concept, layout and planning, design, and operation.
Before you formulate the concept of the app you intend to have, enquire how much it costs to create a mobile App. When you discover the approximate price, many usually stop thinking about their app idea and this is a mistake. Soon you will realize that there is a great probability of getting a return on investment. Costs can vary depending on for what devices you want to create the App. For example, if your are developing an app for iPhone, the costs can vary with basic iPhone, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPad or all of these.
For example, creating games is complicated but they have the ability to go viral easily. Moreover, simple applications cannot meet high expectations, but they are cheap and easy to build. The first step, therefore, is to find the optimal budget according to your business needs and also to define the marketing efforts to be carried out.
Once you are clear about what type of app you want to develop, it is important to choose the right mobile app development company to hire. You can also hire a dedicated mobile app developer from an experienced company.
This step involves going through every single picture and understand how all parts of the application interact. You will be surprised how many steps and stages are there, even for the simplest application. The amount of functions to define and build also play an important role in the cost of implementation.
The design comes once the programming and functionality are defined, the designer gets a complete list of what should be created. The design can make or break an application. You will need a large icon that distinguishes your app, boot screens, icons of different tabs … all must be related.
4. Set up
Once the company you’ve hired have built in xCode application (the application development environment for Apple), it can help you put the application in the corresponding store (iTunes for example). This requires creating an iTunes Connect and then fill in all the information necessary for the application — icons, descriptions, prices, etc.
Most of these steps are fairly intuitive and configuration should be done only once, so if you decide to develop another application later, you will already have an account.
Once you have the app in the store, you can monitor the entire operation through iTunes Connect — how many downloads, etc. There are many ways to increase the income of your applications, including advertisements within the application. You can view and analyze everything that is happening.