What is Outstaffing?
Outstaffing (or as it is also called remote web development) is a process of providing the employer with needed dedicated teams or dedicated developers they lack. It is getting popular nowadays due to the lack of professionals, such as dedicated software developers, Project Managers and QA engineers on the local market of employers. It is often mixed with outsourcing or is mistakenly regarded as the type of it.
Is There a Difference between Outsourcing and Outstaffing Dedicated Teams at All?
Answering the question — yes, there is, and it’s huge. In order to get things clear and not to mix up the terms, let’s figure out the difference.
- Outsourcing is a process of handing projects, activities or functions to a third party, which has all needed resources to conduct it — such as qualified staff and equipment.
- Outstaffing is all about the staff itself. When a company lacks web developers to develop a project, needs to extend the team and reduce staff expenses, they are looking for a remote developer with a certain technology, it basically “rents” them from the provider of such a services and very often such experts can be found in Ukraine.
So, the main difference is that outsourcing refers to the whole project support, while outstaffing provides hiring and maintenance of a remote developer or a team.
Types of Outstaffing and Remote Web Development
Now, when the difference is clear, let’s talk about the existing types of outstaffing. There are several of them:
- Outstaffing in its first and main meaning. The term itself is quite rare and still remains unfamiliar to many people. There are also other synonyms: remote web development, dedicated teams recruitment, IT staffing. If you look for a workforce which you don’t have at the company now, this can be the best way of getting it. Usually, an outstaffed remote developer stays under the roof of the company, which outstaffs him/her. A company that wants to hire dedicated developers usually prefers experts to work remotely but to dedicate the whole time to their project only.
- Relocation services as a type of outstaffing, involves not only search for an expert, but their relocation as well. This means that a company or a client that wants to hire dedicated developers asks for a recruiting company to find dedicated software developers of teams who can relocate to another city or country (the second variant requires a preparation of working visa).
- Relocation within one country or a city can be easily performed since it doesn’t require any time on preparation of additional documents. The process is quite simple. When employer has decided on what types of developers, designers, QAs are needed for the project, he applies with a request to the company which provides outstaffing services and after signing the contract with all discussed requirements the work can be started promptly.
- Relocation to the foreign country takes more time, but is surely worth it, because as a result a relocation company helps a client hire dedicated developers and build development teams which they lacked, and can implement all ideas into real projects.
Why Outstaffing is a Great Solution?
Outstaffing is very good cost-effective service provided for long-term projects. In most cases to hire dedicated teams of developers who will work remotely is 50% cheaper than to spend time looking for needed experts, interview and hire them in-house, increase operating costs and expenses for personnel instead of improving a company’s focus and productivity. When employers from other countries are considering to hire dedicated developers for their project, it is important to take into account the level of professionalism of the staff. Ukrainian developers are chosen for their talent, high level of education, flexible approach to projects, reasonable cost for the provided services and convenient location. They are often chosen as dedicated software developers, when an employer wants to reduce the cost of the overall development, and get a high-quality product at the same time.
Let us outstaff the best dedicated software developers for your marvelous project!
Originally published on Mobilunity Blog