Paleo Recipe #1 Summer Vegetable Frittata
Makes 4 servings. Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes.
1–1/2 Tbs olive or coconut oil
1 (6”) zucchini, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 Tbs fresh thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
1) Heat coconut oil in a 10˝ oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
When hot, add zucchini, pepper, onion, thyme, 1/4 tsp sea salt,
1/8 tsp pepper, and garlic.
2) Cover and cook until vegetables are tender (about 5–7 minutes),
3) Stir in tomato. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes more or
until liquid evaporates.
4) Combine eggs and remaining salt and pepper and whisk until frothy.
5) Pour eggs over vegetable mixture and stir gently. Cover, reduce
heat, and cook 15 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, preheat broiler to low. Finish frittata with 3 minutes
under the broiler (until fully set).
7) Invert onto a plate, slice, and serve warm or cold.