This is a fine article, but the author, Craig Havighurst, missed mentioning something very…
Steve Hershman

I’ll be in in a minute, Hon; someone is WRONG, on the internet. Ahem, PRO licensing is required, even just to play a television or a radio in your place of business, if it’s a public accommodation.(the waiting room at the auto repair shop doesn’t count, but your bar, grocery or coffeeshop does) Usually, this kind of blanket license is a fixed amount based on capacity, and paid annually or quarterly. In all but the highest-capacity venues , it’s typically less than the cost of hiring one band for one night to cover your TVs, karaoke and jukebox for an entire year; so no, license fees do NOT significantly impact the number of live music performances.

Like what you read? Give Mojo Bone a round of applause.

From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.