The Shepherd Social Media Digest
Week of October 11, 2015
This is a compilation of posts shared with the Shepherd Community during the week of October 11, 2015. Click the links to visit each Facebook page and find out more information.
From: Shepherd High School
Class of 2016: Graduation will be here before you know! Please mark Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 3:00 pm on your calendar.
GI-TEC Parent/Teacher Conference
GI-TEC Mt. Pleasant will be holding Parent/Teacher Conferences Wednesday, October 21, 2015, from 5:00–7:30 pm in conjunction with Mt. Pleasant High School. We encourage all our enrolled area school students and their parents to attend.
Announcements for Friday, October 16, 2015
Here are your announcements for Friday, October 16, 2015
- The BPA meeting schedule for today at lunch is rescheduled for Fri., Oct. 16 at lunch in room 103.
- Due to a schedule conflict, the 2015 Madrigal auditions will be held on Tuesday, October 20th, starting at 3:30 in the band room. Sorry for any inconvenience — -if you have any questions contact Mrs McLoughlin . This is an open audition for all interested high school students.
- GI-TEC Mt. Pleasant will be holding Parent/Teacher Conferences Wednesday, October 21, 2015, from 5:00–7:30 pm in conjunction with Mt. Pleasant High School. We encourage all our enrolled area school students and their parents to attend.
- Book club books are in! Please stop by Mrs. Grim’s room to pick up your copy.
- Wrestling sign ups will be Wednesday, October 22nd during lunch in Mr. Travis’ room, room 216.
College Representatives to visit SHS
There will be a representative from Mid Michigan Community College here on October 20th at 9:30 and one from Delta College on October 21st at 10:30. If you are interested in speaking with either representative, please sign up in the counseling office.
Seniors, Save these Dates
Seniors, please mark these dates in your calender.
- Wednesday, November 4, a senior class meeting with Jostens to discuss graduation items, from 11:20 am until 11:50 am.
- Thursday, November 12, Jostens will return to graduation orders from 10:30 am until 1:00 pm, outside of the high school office.
- Friday, April 15, Jostens will be delivering your graduation items. All graduation items need to be picked up on this day.
Shepherd Pom Scrapbooking & Craft Day
It’s been awhile since I have updated the scoreboard fundraising so here are the donors since the last post:
- ISP Management, my wonderful sister Pat Lau-Santee and the extended family of Lenard Moeggenborg.
- A huge thank you to these people for helping make our fantastic new scoreboards a reality!! I have three more donors waiting in the wings and as soon as they are confirmed as paid, I will announce them.
Pie Sales to begin for Shepherd Baseball
It’s pie selling time for the Shepherd baseball Varsity and Junior Varsity players! The pie sales will help pay for players spring break trip to Florida next March. The sales also fund a majority of the program. The pies are made the first Friday and Saturday in December and can be picked up fresh at the cafeteria. Many people buy enough to freeze a few and eat them through out the year.
Blueberry pies sell for $8 each and apple pies are $8 each or 3 for $21. (Prices are subject to change.).
More information to follow. Go JAYS.
From: Shepherd Middle School
Gail Turnwald earns Michigan Council of Teachers (MCTE) Middle School Teacher of the Year Award
Our very own Gail Turnwald has earned the Michigan Council of Teachers of English (MCTE) Middle School Teacher of the Year! It is such an honor to be recognized as best in the state. To receive this recognition, you have to have recommendations and support from your local colleagues, your administrator and your content area state leaders.
It is an honor and a pleasure to work with all of the hard-working, brilliant teachers we have here in Shepherd. Today, let’s celebrate one special teacher. Congratulations, Gail Turnwald!
Does your child LOVE technology? Check out this cool one-day camp opportunity next Saturday, October 24th.