How to move large MySQL Database from one server to another ?
Moving large database files from one server to another server has always been a huge headache for all developers. It consumes lot of time.
Whenever DB file size is more than 500 MB you have to first download the database and then on new server you need to upload new db. But here comes tricky situation where most of the shared hosting and reseller hosting has PHPMYADMIN providing not more than 50 MB file uploading capacity at once. So its simple that user cant upload large DB from phpmyadmin. In that case user need to raise a ticket to the hosting people to help upload db from their side.
For this you need to first upload db to your server root and then giving them db path. This whole process involves lot of time and project duration gets delayed and delayed creating wrong impression on the client at first go.
To deal with this situation, MySqlDumper tool provides a very easily solution. MySQLDumper is a web based backup/restore script for MYSQL which can handle huge dbs. Additionally — like in phpMyAdmin — you can create, drop databases, tables and views or view, search, delete, edit or add fields in an easy to use SQLBrowser.
Some Key Features:
· Easy installation, easy handling — you don’t have to be an expert to backup your databases. MySQLDumper controls nearly every potential error pit automatically without bothering you with technical details.
· Before you start a backup all your parameters are shown again, so you definitely know what you are doing :-)
· Faster backups und restore (compared to older versions of MySQLDumper)
· Send Emails with or without your dumpfile attached / you can set the maximum size of the attachement. If it grows bigger it won’t be attached. If you need the sending of backups via E-Mail you can use Multidump and let MySQLDumper split the data into several files. You can define the split size in the configuration and MySQLDumper will mail you each file seperately.
· Send dumpfiles via FTP to up to 3 different server. This is also working using the multipart feature.
· MySQLDumper can read Dumpfiles from other scripts via the integrated parser (for example from phpMyAdmin)
· Security: MySQLDumper can generate a .htaccess-file to protect itself and all of your backup-files
· MySQLDumper can do Multipart-Backups. That means: it can automatically split the dumpfile if it gets bigger than your chosen size. When you want to restore a backup and choose the wrong part — it doesn’ matter: MySQLDumper will notice that and will get the correct startfile automatically.
· SQL-Browser: You have access to your MySQL-Tables. You can delete tables, edit or insert data. You can run/ save any SQL-Statement.
· Database-Overview: look at running processes or even stop them
· Very good file-overview: backups of the same database are shown as one entry. Click it to see all of the files.
· Automatic file-deletion: set your own rules to delete old backups. Specify the number of backups you want to hold and let MySQLDumper automatically delete the older ones to save server webspace.
1. We need to choose installation Language.
2. We need to fill some credentials such as hostname, user and MySQL password.
3. We can test the connection to the database by clicking Connect to MySQL button. If it succeed, then we will see a message saying that “Database connection was established”.
4. Once you got the message, click the ‘Save‘ and continue installation button. You will be taken into the home screen.
Exporting & Importing Process using MySQLDumper:
If you have got any PHP development requirement, then get in touch with us. Our experts would be ready to assist you anytime. Click Below
Miraj Mor is Technogeek, Entrepreneur and founder at Greencubes. He is one of the leader and mind who invests lot of time in client relationship management and business development strategies. He follows “We don’t just work on projects, we work on building relationships
Originally published at greencubes.co.in.