Inbound Marketing VS Outbound Marketing . Which one is better ?
During the last decade, Inbound Marketing has heated up the market. With the increasing use of social media, people have come more closer and network has become widely large. Marketing on internet has become super fast, effective and sales driven.
Though Inbound marketing has many quick advantages, Outbound marketing cannot be completely ignored off. Some business has its own requirements and to them outbound marketing can prove to be the best strategy. Obviously it has become too old and has very traditional approach and prove to be very expensive method.
Lets have a look out on what are the benefits and drawbacks of each technique.
Inbound marketing is a very modern day strategy to get notified in to the network fast. This is very profound method as it will reach to only potential customers.
For a startup, inbound marketing can be a blessing in disguise. It can help reach lot of users quickly. You can initially get lots of likes and fan followers.
Inbound marketing methods that can help with are:
- Content Creation
- Social Media
- Case studies
Outbound Marketing is traditional technique and too old. Cost per lead is also too high. Main drawback is, it reaches to non-related audience too. Earlier days it used to be effective in bringing more sales and was considered to be best sales pitch method.
Outbound Marketing methods includes:
- TV Ads
- Cold Calling
- Billboard Ads
- Radio Ads
- Email Marketing
Benefits of Inbound Marketing:
- One of the biggest strength of Inbound Marketing is buyers do not get annoy with the advertisements. It filters all content and promotions to their liking.
- It gives higher and long term Return On Investment. Initially every business needs lots of patience and investment. In the beginning you might not get users quickly and you need lot of time in building fan followers. But if campaign is carried out effectively and regularly it can bring lot of business later on.
- When you ever stop promoting your business and have went offline, your post or content will still get involve with the audience. It will keep getting promoted automatically.
- Doing regular blogging and content creation can bring lot of traffic and improve search engine results too on Google.
- It increases your online presence on internet.
Benefits of Outbound Marketing:
- If you have good investment, initially it can drive lot of sales to business.
- There is too wide network of people while doing external marketing.
- May work well in highly saturated content market.
- Email marketing is still a good sales asset. Phone calls can be avoided but people always see email if attractive and meaningful subject line is placed.
Which one serves better to business?
After reading above article, one thing must be sure that both Inbound Marketing and Outbound Marketing have their own benefits and approaches to sales campaign.
Outbound Marketing can be expensive and effective for short time while Inbound Marketing needs lot of time and efforts initially but beneficial for long run.
Each business needs to understand their available resources, investment and work on it to decide what marketing technique fits best to their needs.
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com on July 9, 2017.