My Daily Skincare Routine
Simplicity plus high-quality products are the key to success
I am NOT a morning person — and that’s fine because Fast Company co-signs: Why You Shouldn’t Force Yourself To Be A Morning Person. But, I am a coffee person (a strong french roast, foamed milk with honey and a spoonful of collagen powder). So, with my gigantic cup of coffee in hand, my morning routine begins each day.
The main goal here is to look my absolute glowing best with the least amount of time and effort. Below I outline my step by step to a fast and easy put-together face:
- Wash face with a drop of your favorite face wash added to your Konjac Sponge. I love La Mer Cleansing Foam but I have also discovered Acure Organics Sensitive Facial Cleanser and I think its amazing, especially for the price of $10! The Konjac Sponge can help naturally cleanse, exfoliate, and nourish skin. It has been used in Asian cultures for over 2,000 years and is made with the Konjac root, a fiber that is known for its weightless properties when consumed. The Wellness Mama writes:
Konjac naturally nourishes with vitamins A, B, C, D and E, proteins, lipids, fatty acids, copper, zinc, iron, and magnesium. This wonder veggie even has antioxidants and has historically been used to suppress tumors. Unlike other exfoliators that harm the environment, konjac is completely natural, non-toxic, and biodegradable (no harmful plastic microbeads needed!)
2. After cleansing I dry my face and use a cotton ball to apply toner to close my pores and leave a smooth clean surface for moisturizer and makeup. My favorite toner is by Aesop: B & Tea Balancing Toner. A more cost effective toner than also works wonders (and smells amazing!) is the Coconut Face Toner by Everyday Coconut.
3. Next up is moisture. In the winter I need a little bit more help so I first apply the Acure Day Cream , it offers serious protection against environmental damage and free radicals, thanks to an infusion of chlorella growth factor and gotu kola stem cells. But it doesn’t have SPF so make sure you have protection in your BB cream or apply it separately to protect your precious skin from the sun. In winter months I skip day cream all together and use face oil instead.
I use my favorite face oil from Dermalogica, the Phyto Replenish Oil. It is a little pricey at $75 a bottle but so far that bottle has lasted me 6 months and I use it everyday. On the back of my hand I squeeze a bean sized amount of Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Alaska and add a drop of the Phyto Replenish Oil then mix together and all over my face including under the eye and my neck.
4. I use a bit of concealer under my eyes, under my eyebrow arc, around my nose and down my nose for light contouring. I honestly have always used L’Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter with Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Concealor work wonders and is super inexpensive!
5. For my brows I started using LashFood’s ‘24H Tri-Feather Brow Pen’ and its really helping the growth of my eyebrows while adding subtle structure to my face. When i’m on the go I don’t bother with anything on my eyes except a couple swipes of a multi-purpose mascara. This one not only goes on easily but is working to strengthen my lashes too: LashFood’s ‘Conditioning Drama’ mascara.
6. Last comes bronzer and illuminator stick. Dermablend works wonders in the summer and gives you that natural sun kissed look that hides the fact you’ve been stuck in the office all day. I apply is to my cheekbones, across the hairline and under the jaw. I finish of my carefree masterpiece with Nars Multi-Purpose Stick in Orgasm (classic color) on the cheeks, down the nose and a dab in the middle of the forehead for good luck.
And there you have it. Simple, easy, routine for a light natural look! What is your routine? Do you have any tips or insight into easy and fast products you love you’d like to share? I would love to hear from you!