UPSEE for NRI Students
Non-Resident Indians can get admission in Government as well as Private Institutions located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Some figures related to the number of institutions and seats available in them are as follow:
· Government Colleges: 10
· Aided Colleges: 5
· Private College: 287
· UP State Government Universities: 6
As per the government norms, 15% seats of the total seats sanctioned in Private and Aided institutions affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University can be offered to Non Residing Indian candidates under management quota provided that they fulfill the prescribed admission qualifications.
NRI Students need not appear in the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination, they will be offered direct admission and the criteria for admission is as follow for the NRI candidates:
· Academic Qualification: The NRI candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from an educational institute located out of India, which is considered equivalent to class 12 examination by the AIU (Association of Indian Universities)
Should have cleared High School Certificate Education (GCE) examination with Chemistry, Physics and Higher Mathematics (A) from / Cambridge / Sri Lanka/ London.
o The candidate should have appeared in SAT II exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics level II C.
o Their relative merit of NRI candidates will be decided on their SAT-II score.
· Documents required: NRI candidates should deposit an NRI certificate obtained from Indian Diplomatic Mission / Chancellery / High Commission under their seal at the time of counseling.
o The candidate being admitted on the NRI Quota should submit sufficient documents clarifying their real relationship with the sponsoring NRI to the satisfaction of the University.
· Counseling: To get admission through UPSEE, candidates will be called for counseling in the order of merit prepared on the basis of their performance in the written examination. The counseling will take place in the last week of June.
o The counseling schedule and the number of seats for NRI candidates will be informed separately to the candidates.
o Candidates who want to get admission in Bachelor of Architecture courses are required to appear in paper 4 of Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination.
· Exam Pattern for Paper 4: The students will be required to appear in the Paper 4 should prepare as per the following exam pattern:
· Helpline: In case applicants have any question related to the admission process they can connect to university authorities at 1800–180–0161 or via email at email@example.com.