Take5 Questions series: Wonderland Playgym
A very warm welcome to the first interview in my ‘Take5 Questions’ series.
As a fairly new mummy myself, I’m always in the lookout for new things to do with my little ones and places to go. Therefore, during these blogs I’ll be bringing you a selection of local businesses specifically aimed at mums, parents and preschoolers.
So grab a cuppa and ‘Take5' to read five questions about the awesome things available in our local area.
We start off with the utterly delightful Wonderland Playgym and cafe which is based in the heart of the picturesque village of Slaithwaite. Parents can relax in comfortable surroundings and enjoy a coffee and a bite to eat whilst being able to watch their children have fun and play in a safe environment. They also run an array of classes, host events and have unique play areas perfectly tailored to the inquisitive and creative minds of young children.
The business is run by Lori Chajdas who has an impressive background with 19 years experience in early years ranging through day nurseries, children’s centres/development centres, nannying and a family worker. She also has level 3&4 qualifications in childcare and education, plus a foundation degree in early years. So you can be safe in the knowledge that everything on offer has been well considered for your children and planned by an expert!
I caught up with Lori to find out more and to ask her my ‘Take5' questions about the business….
1. How long has Wonderland Playgym been running and what made you want to run the business? I’ve had Wonderland for almost a year. I wanted to take on my own business as I’ve a passion for working with children and families. I’ve run baby massage privately for over a year now and wanted to branch out with other sessions such as sensory and exploring. I felt there was a gap in the market for babies and not much locally. I also felt with my background I had a lot to offer and with two small children myself it seemed the perfect idea.
2. What age range is Wonderland Playgym aimed at and what facilities are available? Age range 0–5. There is a Soft play area, Cafe, Sensory room, lots of learning through play toys, different areas i.e. home corner/role play, creative /messy area, construction and Small World!
3. I can see you run loads of amazing sessions/classes, can you tell us about what’s on offer? We offer Jo Jingles, Baby Beats, storytimes, Baby massage, Sensory and exploring and Toddler sessions.
4. Can parents book private parties for their children? Of course Wonderland loves a good party!
5. What are your plans for 2017? Messy play sessions, Early language and Communication sessions and Holiday clubs over the summer.
Thank you so much to Lori for this brilliant interview. As you can see there’s so much on offer at Wonderlands Playgym and it's a perfect place to visit if you have babies or young children. 👶🏻👦👧❤️
Follow Wonderland Playgym on Facebook for all the latest information, classes, opening hours and upcoming events!
You can also contact Lori directly via Facebook to enquire about ‘Lori’s Baby Massage’; the private baby massage classes she runs. Her telephone number is: 07737798092 or check out her Facebook page for full details:
If you’re a local business aimed at mums-to-be, mums, parents, babies or young children and would like to take part in my ‘Take5 Questions’ series then I’d love to hear from you. ❤️❤️
You can contact me via private message to MotherHudds Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages, or email me directly at email@example.com.
Thank you! 😃