Pykids workshop coming to PyBay 2017 Open Spaces — Saturday 12th August 3- 5PM PST
PyBay 2017 is proud to announce a FREE kids workshop this year .
- The workshop is for for kids aged 11 and above
- Parent should be an attendee at PyBay 2017 – 1 ticket per registration
- Please provide your child a laptop with chrome/firefox browser
- First come first serve — 10 spots!. So please hurry and Sign Up!
Pykids is a voluntary effort run my Meenal Pant - a Mom and a Pythonista. This org is now 2 years old and delivers/has delivered *free* Python tutorials to young and curious minds. The Pykids resources are being used by a much larger audience across USA.
The concept behind Pykids is straightforward — make using/writing Python fun and easy! This has been made possible by Jupyter notebooks and AWS.
Pykids is a browser based learning tool that requires no set up and installation Just fire a browser and get started.
The curriculum has been developed and iteratively improved after hands on session with 5th graders. The curriculum is available at Pykids Curriculum
The current curriculum contains 5 classes covering basic Python concepts.
- Class1 — Introduction and numbers
- Class2 — What’s in a name
- Class3 — Looping through
- Class4 — Art with Python
- Class5 — Blocks and grids
The class will end with kids creating a chessboard using ipythonblocks!
When and Where
Venue: Open Spaces Room , UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center
Date: Saturday , 12th August 2017
Time: 3PM — 5PM PST