It’s In Your Own Hands…..

So since I have been writing, it’s mainly been about chasing your career goals, as at the moment, it’s what is in my life predominantly and it may come to a brand new beginning in 2 weeks time. (REAL work starts once you have achieved your goals but that’s a whole other article)

I have two interviews, next week in the industry that I have been wanting to be in since I graduated from University in 2011. I am excited for these interviews (yet also very nervous) and I am doing nothing but prep work up until the day of the interview. However, you have got to be careful that you don’t over prepare as you’ll just go in to the interview room, be all static and robotic, people don’t hire that. People hire people. Sure a lot of what you know will play a huge role in landing you that interview. But a lot of it is based around who you are. Be confident.

Charm them with how much of a good person they are, be smiley, crack a couple of appropriate jokes, something light hearted to break the ice. As a friend said to me last night, as it’s a job that you always wanted: There’s no need to be nervous. He got his dream job easily, smashed the interview out of the park, told me that there’s no reason why I can’t do the same. Just chill. It’s your passion. It will be easy to talk about, so go in there and your passion for the job will outshine everything and it will come across when you talk about it to them. I know it seems daunting as it’s at a place where all the hard work over x amount of years comes to a head, but in reality it should be the easiest thing you’ve ever done, it’s just chatting about your passions!

As the title states, it’s in your own hands, don’t let it get away from you and don’t over think it. You’re 90% of the way there, don’t screw up the remaining 10% by fluffing your lines at the interview. Relax. Be you and smash that interview.

No one else got you there, no one else gave you the skills to land you that interview, no one else wrote the cover letter for you, no one else pushed you to do those late nights working away at the computer before your 9–5 job the next day. It is all YOU. Chase that dream and be 110% committed right up until the end. Relax and party once you land that job, then get right back on it 120% this time, don’t let someone take that opportunity you work so hard to get by letting your foot off the gas. Rookie mistake and you aren’t a rookie, you’re a pro!

You’re almost there. You can do it. They’re only people at the end of the day and use the same excited talk that you give to people when they ask you “So, what do you do?” to those that interview you.

You can do this.

“If you can see it here [In your head] and you have the courage enough to speak it, it will happen…..a lot of times, people believe in certain things, but they keep to themselves, they don’t put it out there, if you truly believe in it, become vocal with it, you are creating that law of attraction and it will become reality”
Conor McGregor
UFC 194

If you liked this article, please go ahead and give me a heart/recommend, it helps me out a lot!

Until next week!

Billy.