Let’s talk about better things
Trying to not screw ourselves over by constantly talking about how a situation sucks is not productive.
Let’s talk about better things. :)
These are conversations I like to have
- Designing & automating problems away
- What kind of dog I should get and how I should train it
- An idea or improvement you think is important. Maybe I can help. :)
- Cameras & photography
- Getting rid of phone spam. I have a very new cell phone number and still get blasted with spam. (Current strategy — forward all calls to a voicemail). Shout out to Sudoapp.com for keeping me sane with alternative phone numbers & emails. 🙌
- How automating driving, construction, and other things will affect how homes & cities will be designed in the coming decades
- What are the best & most important aspects of home design? How can we make these things more accessible?
- What you’d do if you had more free time / The purpose of money as you see it
- Good places to go: hike, run, take pictures, play volleyball, write memoirs, breathe air.
- Wireless tech & wireless electricity. Check out the demos at TEDxPortland 2014 (the first demo I saw of it was from TED 2009)
- TED talks (here are my favorites)
- How candidates are selected and how we can select better ones in the future.
Shoot, we can even talk about why I’m still single.