Making Sense of Event Loops…or Not
- call stacks : a structure that know where you are in a program and also a guide that keeps the stack organize by pushing in request and popping off the top of the stack when it gets a return
- goal: fluid ui : )
- bad: blocking the stack make loading slow : (
- synchronous: seem to process slower due to blockage in queue, hence you see the spinning wheel and nothing happen when you click on the page until a few moments later
- asynchronous: there pauses processing queues, there is no blocking of the stack, things are still getting done but slowly — seem to be more preferred
- Don’t block the event loop.
I hope that as I go further along the yellow brick road of coding that I would understand these talks and apply the concepts they are talking about.
Ta Ta for now.