What is SEO???
The definition of SEO (an acronym for Search Engine Optimization) is: a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) — including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. — Webopedia, 2017
Who performs SEO for your business?
SEO is performed by the following experts in the search engine optimization field: Digital Marketing Experts, Internet Marketers, SEO Companies, SEO Firms, SEO Experts, Website Developers and Website Designers
How Do You Hire a Great SEO Expert (or SEO Firm) for Your Company?
- Do your research. Does the company show other companies they did work for? Are those other companies easily found when putting keywords into search engines, such as, Google, Bing and Yahoo?
2. Ask the “right” questions
3. Word of mouth from trusted sources (e.g. friends, colleagues, etc.)
The 7 reasons your business needs SEO:
- SEO helps bring traffic (or more traffic) to your website
- Everything goes back to SEO, audio and visual elements of your business, are connected to SEO.
- SEO is cost-effective with studies showing that companies receive a great return on investment when the right SEO firm is hired and SEO is done correctly.
- Search Engines (e.g. Google, Bing and Yahoo) are the first places your customers search before they make a purchase 80%-90% of the time.
- Local (and National) Searches and Purchases via SmartPhones are expected to continue to increase
- Neglecting to invest in web content for your business profile is damaging to your business
- Your competition is doing it.
Samantha El is an activist, business owner, Web Designer, Graphics Designer, Freelance Writer, CEO of LocStar Revolution, NoVA 24/7 Notary Services and Web Designers and Scribes. In her free time, you can find Samantha reading biographies, watching documentaries on Netflix or spending quality time with her family. Samantha lives in Fairfax, VA with her fiancé and 3 sons.