Luxury South Luangwa National Park & Kafue National Park in Zambia — Honest Advice & Excellent Service
When we think of African safari then for sure the name of Zambia and its national park will come to mind of any wildlife lover. Some of the world’s best National Parks are located in Zambia. Yu will be astonished to know the fact that almost 30% of the land area in Zambia is dedicated for reserved wildlife. Just take a look at the below list of 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2016 in Zambia.
1. Kafue National Park: This Park is located in central zone of western Zambia and opened in the year 1950 by Norman Carr. This park is known for its fantastic diversity in the wildlife reservation. Safari Camps and Lodges are now made available in the park for the visitors and guests. It covers an area of 22,400 km2
2. South Luangwa National Park: one of the most loved and visited National Park in Zambia is South Luangwa National Park. The presence of wildlife in and around Luangwa River as well as the oxbow lagoons, made this park the chosen best among all national parks in Africa. The park covers an area of 9059 km2 and acts as a house to more than 60 varieties of animal species and more than some 400 different species of bird.
3. Kasanka National Park: One of the most peaceful Parks of Zambia is located in Lake Bangweulu basin. It is also one of the smallest national parks located In Zambia covering an area of 450 km2. David Lloyd was the man behind the protection of the wildlife in this park after he got to realize presence of poaching activity in 1985. Some of the rarest birds and animals are present in this park.
4. Lochinvar National Park: It is another small park of Zambia known to be the home to 420 recorded bird species and covers an area of 428 sq kms. It is located in Kafue River floodplain with Itezhi tezhi dam on other side. The varying vegetation of the park gives it a natural beauty and attracts many visitors.
5. Lower Zambezi National Park: Although not completely developed but its wilderness do attract visitors to this park. The park covers 4092 square kilometres. The elephant heard near the river basin gives a picturesque view to the visitors.
6. Nsumbu National Park: This Park covers an area of 3660 square kilometres and got the identity of national park in year 1972. The natural beauty of this park and the excellent management of the Litunga (king) belonging to Lozi community made this park an ideal destination to visit.
7. Sioma Ngwezi National Park: Kalahari woodland covers this national park area spreading on an area of 5000 sq kms. This park is known for its vast collection of wildlife species and animals like elephant, leopard, lion, hyena, wild dog, tsessebe giraffe, sable, roan, and eland.
8. West Luangwa National Park: In the year 1972, this park got the status of national park of Zambia and spreads around an area of 1684 sq kms. Some of the commonly found animals in this national park include elephant, warthog, bushpig, blue as well as duikers with yellow backed.
9. Lochinvar National park: One of the small national parks of Zambia is Lochinvar National park covering a flat ground of 880 sq km. The natural beauty of this park is the key attraction.
10. Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park: This Park is located in close vicinity of Victoria Falls. Now the park covers 66 kms only but there are plans for extensions. It acts as a home to antelope species, giraffe, zebra and warthog apart from other animals.