How important it is to be a good LISTENER
We should be the best listener because the importance of listening extends far beyond academic and professional settings. Understanding how to practice good communication even in our day to day life, among friends, family, is important for a number of reasons: growing good self-esteem, improving relationships, and even becoming a better speaker and listening is one of the highest compliments we can pay anyone. Listening is just as important in one’s home life as in the world of business.
Many people fail to make a favorable impression because they don’t listen attentively. If we want to be a good conversationalist then we should be the good listener. This way you will ask the question and this will show your interest in someone.
We can be a good listeners if we will follow the following tips.
· Try to concentrate what other person is saying
· Try to make eye contact with him
· Try to use proper and impressive body language to make them feel comfortable
· Don’t interrupt the speaker, let him finish first and then put your opinion
· Understand what the speaker is speaking and this is possible only if you are listening carefully
· Ask the question to make it open ended conversation and you can ask the question only if you have listened the speaker carefully
· Evaluate the speaker’s information
· Address the speaker’s points.
Listening is not the same as Hearing
For me to become a better listener I would like to concentrate on what the other person is saying and will try not to miss even a single point that he just explained. Whenever I will do conversation with someone I will try to be interested, I will ask the questions so that other person will enjoy the conversations. At the end I would like to say,
Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.