Rapid Qualitative Insights Course
In six weeks your team will learn how to learn
“At its core, all business is about making bets on human behavior.” — The Power of ‘Thick’ Data”, WSJ
Introducing a new service from Mule!
Uncover the opportunities that aren’t showing up in your data. Don’t get ambushed by what you didn’t think to ask. Start from goals, rather than reacting to analytics. Learn to combine qualitative insights with quantitative data to make quick, confident decisions.
What is this?
A six-week coaching program for teams. We lead you through a model research study that leads to both actionable insights and new skills, while accommodating your ongoing work.
Ready to talk? Or read a little more…
What you’ll get
- A clear framework for moving from goals to questions to insights
- An assessment of your current practices based on your business model and capabilities
- Training and practice in forming research questions, recruiting, interviewing, analysis, and sharing insights
- Initial qualitative research insights you can use right away
- A plan for integrating various sources of data and feedback into a coherent strategy
Who it’s for
Any organization that wants to reduce risk, improve collaboration, and make better decisions faster based on the right information will benefit. Whether or not you are currently working with designers or researchers, we adapt the program to your needs and capabilities.
Does your team:
- Rely on quantitative analytics and surveys
- Worry about missing opportunities by over-optimizing for current customers
- Wonder which data points are actually the most meaningful
- Want to eliminate frustrating arguments or misconceptions about research
- Need help figuring out where to start
If this sounds like you, but you’re faced with unease about wasting time on “anecdotes”, don’t worry, that’s not how it works. We want to prevent your organization from setting fire to a large pile of money because you made a bad bet on how people behave in the real world.
How it goes
This is a highly-collaborative, efficient process. We work with your team to explain and demonstrate the principles. Then, we provide opportunities to participate and learn while doing.
- Kick-off workshop to introduce key principles
- Consult with individual team members to understand current practice
- Assess gaps in understanding
- Identify high-priority questions based on risks and opportunities
- Profile and recruit external participants
- Conduct a brief study based on key questions
- Analyze findings to differentiate patterns from anecdotes
- Create a roadmap for evidence-based decision-making
Depending on what you need and where you are, we can work remotely or through a combination of onsite and remote worksessions.
“If you ever think that you are not making decisions based on decent evidence, and if you are lucky enough to get their attention, then maybe you can hire Mule Design. You’ll be in the best hands possible.”
— Jesús Gorriti, Head of Digital Customer Experience & Design, RBC
—goal-driven, which might sound basic, but many orgs jump to the method before clarifying the purpose
—pragmatic, because we aren’t talking about research for the sake of research, but for getting to the desired outcome
—informed, based on decades of wide-ranging experience
—skeptical about any method or source of data claiming to be the universal best for every organization or business model
—contextual, since every team has different capabilities and resources
Interested? Get in touch!