Musicoin now supported by Ledger hardware wallets
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 30, 2018
The recent addition of Musicoin to Ledger’s Nano S and Blue hardware wallets offers users of the world’s first blockchain-powered music streaming platform another secure way to store $MUSIC. The new Musicoin Ledger apps join our Trezor support for simple integration with both MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto web-based wallet services. Because all transactions are signed within hardware wallets, your private keys do not risk the chance of being exposed online.
Musicoin is a fork of Ethereum and not an ERC-20 token, so users must be sure to select the custom MUSIC (Musicoin.org) network configuration from the MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto dropdown menus. Please review the following step-by-step instructions for installing the Musicoin app, managing transactions, and sending $MUSIC from exchanges to your Ledger below.
Before you get started, please ensure that:
- You have upgraded your Ledger to the latest firmware
- You have installed Ledger Live on your computer
- You have Google Chrome or Firefox installed on your computer
- You have the Ethereum app stored on your Ledger
Installing the Musicoin app on your Ledger wallet
- Connect your Ledger to your computer with an USB cable
2. Enter your PIN
3. Launch Ledger Live on your computer
4. Assuming you have already set up your Ledger and securely stored your seed words, proceed with your initialized device
5. Search for the Musicoin app in the Manager section of the menu
6. Click the Install button of the app
- An installation window will appear on your computer
- Your Ledger will display Processing…
- Your Ledger will display a confirmation of installation
Sending and receiving Musicoin using MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto
1. Using either site (which may be used interchangeably), first select MUSIC (Musicoin.org) from the dropdown menu to access the Musicoin blockchain
2. Launch the Musicoin app on your Ledger device, and log in securely
3. You will see a list of addresses of the Musicoin blockchain where you can receive and send funds
Sending/receiving $MUSIC from exchanges
1. After purchasing $MUSIC from an exchange, head to its wallet section
2. Copy and paste the address provided in Step 3 of the MyEtherWallet/MyCrypto walkthrough above, and select the quantity you wish to send
3. In a few moments, you will see your funds in MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto — all secured by your Ledger
Musicoin ($MUSIC) is a smart cryptocurrency and music streaming platform built upon the Musicoin blockchain. Musicians and listeners worldwide are encouraged to visit Musicoin’s official website at musicoin.org.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for media inquiries.