AMA About Metaverse: Highlights
Big fan of the project. I had a few questions if you don’t mind answering.
1. What kind of partnerships can we expect in the future? What kind of clients and sectors is Metaverse looking to expand into?
2. How is Metaverse dealing with the regulations in China and what is the future strategy in case of positive or negative news regarding regulation?
3. When can we expect launch of new companies using Metaverse’s blockchain as a service, digital assets and identity platform?
4. How focused Viewfin is on Metaverse, what’s the size of the company and how many resources and in what capacity it has, dedicated to work on the Metaverse project?
1. Partnerships: We’re looking to work with VCs, fund management companies, big clients like banks, insurers or branches of government, and smaller clients like public or medium-sized companies.
2. Regulations: Regulations is unclear. Metaverse will comply with all regulations, we are in direct communication with the PBOC and other levels of government and are seeking advice.
3. Hopefully, within a few months.
4. Metaverse is the most important endeavor of Viewfin, we have 30+ tech personnel with C++ and node.js skills, mining hardware and software and 20+ researchers from >10 different countries including Germany, USA, Canada and Singapore just to name a few. We have a diverse team.
1. What is your current relationship with the other NEO/Antshares founders? Would a collaboration in the future be a possibility?
2. In the Telegram Janice Shi from Metaverse mentioned you still have a good relationship, and that she personally is close friends with Da Hongfei. That you are friends and not competitors.
1. Da Hongfei is a personal friend. We call and meet each other from time to time to discuss things like regulation or technology.
2. China alone is a vast market, the opportunities are too big for two”small” blockchain companies to compete. Da and I, and 5 other guys co-founded Antshares in 2014. We have technical differences but we remain friends in real life.
I have read on numerous sources that ETP has 30+ projects currently running on the platform. Is this true? Please elaborate, and explain in what specific ways they are utilizing Metaverse’s product line.
It was true, before the ICO ban in China, we were expecting more. But now two-thirds of them are dormant. I believe that with MVS going global, we will get more projects going in no time.
Three quick questions on compliance, marketing and technology:
1. Compliance: Since regulators tend to like blockchain tech, but not crypto currencies (like BTC), how appealing do you see Oracles and Accredited Investor features to the regulators?
2. Marketing: In light of rising industry standards and the commercial success of Neo rebranding, would you consider redesigning your website and coordinating overall brand strategy for a consistent, fresh UI/UX across all products?
3. Technology: Blockchain scalability is a hot topic. Which approach does Metaverse prefer to handle a) large transaction volume and b) servicing thousands of corporate clients? Thanks!
4. Security: As value of $ETP grows, security will be of paramount importance. That said, are you planning on working with Ledger and/or Trezor on HW support? Thank you!
1. Compliance: Chinese regulators are very willing to learn new things. We will explain Metaverse’s new features including Oracles to them.
2. Marketing: We noticed the success of Neo’s rebranding. We are also considering our brand strategy going global carefully. A redesign of the website and UI/UX is a must.
3. Technology: We take blockchain scalability seriously. That is why we do not allow everyone to write smart contracts on our blockchain. Rather, we use built-in smart contracts (BISC) to control the quality of the smart contract and size of the blockchain.
4. Security: It’s a very good question. We’re actually working with one major hardware wallet company right now, it’s too early to name the company.
What is your current legal stand in China?
Only ICOs and cryptocurrency exchanges are banned in China. But blockchain technology itself is celebrated. Metaverse is not an exchange.
1. What is Metaverse’s connection to Dubai? I see you will be attending a conference there next week: https://www.dubai.worldblockchainsummit.com/
2. And also that you applied to be part of the Dubai Future Accelerators: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95zufQIM2iY
3. Also your recent listing at the Rightbtc.com exchange, Dubai’s first crypto-crypto exchange.
4. Do you have many investors from that area, and is it a big part of your plan?
Dubai government has spent a lot of effort promoting blockchain technology and there are a lot of blockchain-related government projects, so it’s a wild west for companies like us. There are a lot of government incentive programs available. We’re currently in talks with governments in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
1. It’s interesting to me that — though you were a part of AntShares, which decided to use dBFT, Metaverse chose the classic PoW. Why?
2. dBFT (and PoS in general) is viewed as more eco-friendly, scalable, and therefore superior to PoW. Which do you think is better? Will ETP always use PoW? Thanks!
This is the technical difference I was talking about. I agree that PoW may not be the best consensus algorithm in the world, but it’s a proven algorithm. dBFT is an innovation that is not proven, we will have a lot of digital assets on the Metaverse blockchain. I believe it is too risky to use a new consensus algorithm without thorough testing. PoW is a proven, relatively safe choice. We will watch Ethereum’s new Metropolis closely.
1. As a platform to raise funding via ICOs do you robustly vet all start-ups who wish to use Metaverse ?
2. I read Metaverse had around 30 ICOs scheduled, however due to China’s recent pragmatic stance on ICOs this affected these plans. Of these 30 start-ups how many are still interested in utilising Metaverse ?
All the very best with the project, I, like most am excited to see you develop and progress.
Metaverse is a public blockchain so Metaverse is not able to vet anything. We had 30 projects, not 30 ICOs, and 5–6 of them held ICOs before the ban. They had to return all the money. The founder of these projects told me they will continue the project but through the VC way.
Metaverse is going to be a global project.
When exactly will the new wallet be available. I have many problems/conflicting with downloaden and installing the windows version .70 and AVG (malware). Why does metaverse’s android wallet request that I give all my call data, device ID’s, photos etc. to be accessed?
Janice: if our new wallet doesn’t get updated this week, I will personally kick the CTO’s butt.
Any bittrex info?
We’re in talks with bittrex and many other exchanges including coinone.