Progress Report — (13th Nov. 2017–24th Nov. 2017)
Metaverse is a public blockchain project that aims to provide decentralized services based on digital assets, digital identity and value intermediaries in order to build an open ecosystem in which digital value can be freely circulated. Detailed information can be found in our white paper.
Fortnight in Review
· Light Wallet Development Progress
Metaverse has officially released a light wallet beta at https://www.myetpwallet.com/. The wallet is an SPV client and is accessible through your browser. Unlike the full node wallet, the Light Wallet does not require users to sync the entire blocks and has a simple user interface that allows users to easily manage their digital assets while on-the-go.
· Metaverse full-node wallet
Enhancement of MVSD, Metaverse’s full-node wallet, continues. The following changes have been developed:
- Added an offline transaction signing function. This function is unavailable through the MVSD GUI; it is only available for createrawtx/signrawtx/decoderawtx/sendrawtx RPC calls.
- Accounts are no longer created when users input incorrect mnemonic words
- Fixed issues with deposit unfreezing estimate date
- Optimized performance of the getnewaddress RPC call. Irrelevant to the MVSD GUI.
- Add locked_height_range fields during transaction output of RPC calls to recognize the stored transaction
· Metaverse Official Website Redesign
Metaverse has redesigned its official website. Two pages have been added: Metaverse Foundation and Development Documents. Please visit the official website at: https://mvs.org ; all related development documents can be found at: http://docs.mvs.org/docs/ ;
· Soliciting Articles
We’ve seen many videos and in-depth analyses about Metaverse and we believe that many more interesting perspectives have yet to be shared. As such, Metaverse has launched a long-running community event that will reward content creators — find the details [here!]
· The Metaverse Foundation has invested in Maverick Chain, a project which aims to simplify blockchain-based development and trading.
· Eric, the founder of Metaverse Foundation, was invited to attend the DVN CEO summit hosted by the Draper Venture Network (DVN) from November 15–17,2017.
· The Foundation has also established a bounty program. There are two types of bounties available: one is a developer bounty, while the other rewards community contributors. Read more about it here and participate actively!
· Head of Global Development, Janice Shi, recently participated in a panel discussion at the renowned Fudan University with other Fintech and Blockchain experts. Find more details here.
· Metaverse attended the 8th Caixin Summit, a prestigious conference that brings together entrepreneurs and elites from both traditional financial institutions and emerging internet enterprises. Find more details here.
· Metaverse will be holding its very first meetup in Korea on 1st December, 2017! If you are in town and would like to join us, visit the official Korean community’s Discord channel and sign up there (https://t.co/axI7DEqMyy).
Follow us and keep up with the latest news on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Slack or Telegram!