How to Get MetisDAO Stardust Testnet Tokens
Since my post on Reddit received a lot of generous awards and upvotes, I’ve decided to extend my spirit to spread the goodwill of blockchain by writing the tutorial here.
If you follow this guide on MetisDAO site, you’ll only get Metis tokens on Rinkeby Ethereum test network, not on Stardust testnet.
So, to get Metis test tokens for Stardust, just follow the steps below.
Remember, Ethereum mainnet works with Metis Andromeda mainnet.
So, Ethereum Rinkeby testnet works with Metis Stardust testnet.
- Get Rinkeby ETH tokens from faucets like https://faucet.rinkeby.io/
- Then, use the Rinkeby test tokens (for gas) from Step #1 to get Metis test tokens at https://rinkeby-faucet.metis.io
- Go to bridge.metis.io and connect your Metamask (you need to get an account at https://polis.metis.io)
- At bridge.metis.io, select StarDust testnet at the top right corner of the screen. See the image below. Make sure you selected the right wallet in Metamask.
- Enter how many tokens to transfer under the Rinkeby input. See image above. I think 1 Rinkeby equals 1 Metis.
- Then click “Approve” and follow Metamask pop-ups.
Good luck and happy blockcoding! If you find this article useful, please kindly clap.