10 Reasons Why Money Will Never Make You Happy
Money! We all need it to live, but there are people who think it will solve all their problems and cure their misery! I can assure you it won’t! Sure it could relieve some financial stress off your shoulders, but that won’t make you happy! In fact Biggie said it best “Mo Money Mo Problems” and it’s very true. The more money you have, the more you buy, the more bills you have, etc…
I know, not having money to pay your bills is depressing, so you think to yourself “If I had it, I wouldn’t have half the problems I have, I would be happy” but you wouldn’t be happy, because ‘ Money doesn’t buy Happiness’! So here is a list of 10 reasons why money will NEVER make you truly happy!
1. Instant Gratification- This is what having money gives you, Instant happiness. But what happens when that feeling subsides and you are back to being unhappy? Happiness is an inside job, that’s why!
2. It Doesn’t Fix Relationships- In fact when you throw money into a relationship, it can either make it or break it. It is one of the #1 things couples argue about! So believe me when I say, just because you have money does NOT mean you are guaranteed to have a healthy relationship!
3. Root Of All Evil- It has long been said that it is the root of evil, but why? Well most of the world’s problems have ALWAYS been because of money! Wars have been started over it. Money = Power The more money you have the more power you have and with power comes greed, ego, corruption and more! You see where I am going with this?
4. Mental Illness- People who suffer with depression or anxiety disorders (like me) tend to think if they had more money they would be happier. But this is false. This is a disorder or chemical imbalance that needs to be treated the right way. Money can’t fix that!
5. Friendships- Money and friendships do not mix. Lending or borrowing money from friends can have some serious consequences. Lot’s of friendships have been destroyed because of money. Also if you have ALOT of money you can attract the ‘wrong’ kind of friends, if ya know what I’m saying!
Press the link below to finish reading!
Originally published at www.myanxiouslife.net on July 20, 2017.