Quote for Inner Strength & Inspiration
Throughout the year, a quick glance over at my office wall during a grueling day of work (or in my life) to read one of the inspiring quotes that hang there would lift my spirits, reset my focus, encourage my mind, and change my attitude. These are words I have collected through the years that have brought life and light to my soul and my mind and, at times, awakened my muse, I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have. Cut them out and place them somewhere close to your gaze.
What has inspired you? What messages do you have hanging in your office or studio that have helped you through hard times? Please share!
Love and hugs, Saturday Soul
29 quotes to inspire and keep you rolling through the year
- STAY HUNGRY. STAY FOOLISH ~ Steve Jobs
- The road has two rules only: Begin and Continue
- Live our truth, share our joy, expand our awareness. ~ Sandy Hibbard
- Do not fear mistakes. There are none. ~ Miles Davis
- If enlightenment is not where you are standing, where will you look? ~ Zen saying
- Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. ~ My dad, from the scriptures
- Nothing is left to you at this moment but to have a good laugh! ~ Zen saying
- Let me respectfully remind you, life and death are of supreme importance. Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost. Each of us should strive to awaken. AWAKEN! Take heed, do NOT squander your life. ~ The Evening Gatha
- The First Agreement: My Impeccable Word. ~ Miguel Ruiz
- All you need to survive this life is a grateful heart and a strong will. ~ Dr. K
- Just keep a clear mind, go straight ahead, try, try, try, for ten thousand years. ~ Soen Sa Nim
- Love is a present that can be given every single day you live. ~ fortune cookie
13. I didn’t always know what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to be. ~ Diane von Furstenberg
14. One morning Suzuki Roshi gave a brief talk to the people sitting in zazen: “Each of you is perfect the way you are…and you can use a little improvement.” ~ Suzuki Zen
15. Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies within us while we’re alive. ~ Norman Cousins
16. Zen in its essence is the art of seeing into the nature of one’s being, and it points the way from bonding to freedom. ~D.T. Suzuki
17. People will forget what you said, will forget what you did, but will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
18. Just point your feet in the right direction and move forward!
19. Nothing works, unless you do. ~ Maya Angelou
20. Pray to God, but hammer away. ~ Spanish Proverb
21. Explore, discover, broaden and enrich my life and the lives of others. To offer my talent and resources to help others be successful. ~ my personal mission statement
22. The most perfect technique is that which is not noticed at all.
23. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler. ~ Albert Einstein
24. My income is constantly increasing
25. Each age has its own special joys and experiences. I am always the perfect age for where I am in life.
26. God builds his temple in the heart on the ruins of churches and religions. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. I know it to be true that neither life or death, good or bad, the present or the future, or any powers, circumstances or anything else in all creation will be able to separate me from the love of God. ~ the scriptures
28. Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. ~ Sandy Hibbard
29. I was once afraid of people saying, “Who does she think she is?” No I have the courage to stand and say, “This is who I am.” ~ Oprah Winfrey