I am sure the Lizard bit from Planet Earth 2 was an exaggeration!
While you folks are in Thailand for the sabbatical, I think that you should make some time and head down to India.
Here are 5 reasons why —
- India is not a book or an article on the internet, it is an experience that needs to be felt, overwhelmed but you will not be overcome.
- The country is like a pocket of mini-countries with each state having it’s own culture, cuisine and language. So you’ve not “really” been to India unless you’ve seen all the states.
- India is also the good food and Yoga capital of the world. (you may debate with me on this but you get my point)
- The country is ancient! You will be able to find an experience all kinds of things here.
- The great people, and obviously the Himalayas. Trekking there is an absolute delight. (I’m not just saying that, I’ve been doing a Himalayan Trek every year since 2012.)
I am on a gap year myself; I think that everyone should do something like this at multiple times during their life. I am eager to know how it is to do this as a family. Safe to say that I will be an ardent follower of your posts. Thank you for a great read and documenting your journey, Caterina Kostoula.