How to use multiple accounts in Instagram for iOS & Android
Instagram has introduced a new feature for its app on Android and iOS mobile users, with support for multiple accounts login. In a blog last week Instagram announced the new feature:
“Starting this week, you can quickly and easily switch between multiple accounts on Instagram!
Go to your profile settings to add an additional account. From there, tap your username at the top of your profile to switch between accounts. Once you have multiple accounts added, you’ll see your profile photo appear in places throughout the app so you can always tell which one you’re using at the moment.”
So a much requested feature from users is being now pushed out by Instagram, the new feature will allow users to easily add multiple accounts, switch between accounts and log out. Now to add multiple accounts for Instagram follow the following steps:
Steps to use multiple account in Instagram for iOS & Android
- First login to your account or if already logged in the app, then click on the profile button (head and shoulder silhouette icon) on the bottom of the page.
- Next step is to click on the ‘settings’ button for iOS or the ‘three dots’ for Android app, on the right top corner of the Instagram app.
- Scroll down the list to the bottom of the page and you will see the ‘Add Account’ sandwiched between Clear Search History and Log Out. Add Account may not appear for some users at first even with the latest version of the app. Do not worry this is not a major issue just close the app and exit it from the multitasking. Open the app again and it will be there, the same happened on my Android device but on iPhone 5 it worked fine in first attempt, so it just a minor thing.
- Tap the Add Account button and new page will open with boxes for user name and password. Enter your second account’s user name and password and click ‘Login’ button. This will add your second account to the Instagram app. You can add up to five accounts in the app and the method is just the same as described above. The new feature is available for users with Instagram app version 7.15.
- Now since you have added multiple accounts you will need to know how to switch between these accounts. Read on to know the steps for the same. Click on the profile button, now if you have already added multiple accounts the head and silhouette on profile button will be replaced by the profile image of the selected account.
- Now for iOS app, on top of the profile page you’ll now see an arrow against the selected account name. Tap the arrow and drop down menu will show the accounts which you have added. Tap on the account you want to select and then that account’s profile will load and the bottom profile button will the same image.
- For Android, the process is same just the difference is the profile thumbnail is not in the middle instead it is on the top left corner with an arrow on the bottom right corner bottom of the profile name. Tap the arrow and the same drop down will appear with the added accounts to choose from.
One thing once you have added a second account the profile switch thumbnail also get the Add Account button so you do not need to go to settings every time to add a new account.
Push notifications for the accounts which have been turned on will come once you have added multiple accounts in the app. Instagram app will differentiate with the notifications for each account.
Instagram has rapidly climbed the ladder of being one of the most popular social networking out there. For those who don’t know or use Instagram is an online mobile photo and video-sharing social networking service allowing users to share pictures and videos.
Users can share pictures or videos either publicly or privately on the app. Also Instagram users can share their images and videos on other social networking site such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr as well. Instagram was launched in October 2010 as a free mobile app and in April 2012 it was purchased by Facebook.
Originally published at techbonza.com on February 17, 2016.