Things You Can Try Before Blocked Drains Plumbing Expert Arrives
Right there, inside your home, there are several alarms and indicators that can warn you about blocked drains. Most common of them are water in the toilet, bathroom, wash basins, sinks not getting empty properly or has stopped there only. Ideally, the first thing to do in this situation is calling out the expert as you are never aware of the size of the problem. But, these experts themselves say that till they arrive, you can take the following steps to clear them completely or sometimes marginally.
Think personal safety first
· They say that in case you have called experts and looking to try some DIY, the first thing that you should do is ensure your personal protection.
· This can be done by wearing a protective suit, safety gloves, safety boots, mask and goggles as well.
· Moreover, you can also check out whether you have sufficient tools to help you in calming down your thirst of opening your home’s blocked drains Sydney.
· In case, you lack something, it’s better to cease yourself and wait for the plumber.
· If you use them, remember to clean everything thoroughly before storing back.
Removing the cover
In case, your drain’s cover has rotted, rusted or very jammed, you can use a screw driver to remove it. If everything is okay there, you can remove it by hands or using a wire of a paper clip.
Clearing the obstruction
This happens to the main event of the entire process and the first thing you should attempt is the plunger and a rod especially available for this. These tools will either remove the blockage or at least loosen it, but you’ll have to do some real efforts in the task of drain cleaning Sydney.
Once the blocking elements get loosened, you can use chemical agents to clean them completely. While using them, you need to be extra cautious and use them according to the directions of usage.
Flushing the water
Once you are assured that the blockage has been removed and the blocked drains Sydney are open, you need to clean them. This will require flushing good gallons of water as the force of the water would clear every residue of the blocking elements and ensure free flow once again. Again, it is recommended that the best step is to call blocked drains plumbing expert and let him open them. Once, you have poured sufficient water, it’s time to ensure that the standing water in your sinks, bathrooms, wash basins etc. has gone.
Tips on eradicating this problem for the future
· Inspect the pipes on a regular basis
· Irrespective of whether the water is moving freely or not, you should not just inspect, but clear it every 2–3 months.
· You can also get strainers installed inside the pipes to trap the residue.
· You need to keep them clear of plants, leaves, dead stems, etc.
· Install guards in case, you observe that leaves, small plants are troubling you more than you can tolerate.
· Stop flushing products like food and soap residues; face wipes, etc. as they are more likely to cause blockage.