Don't regret, but just notice what you ate!
Opting to eat out has something to do more than merely trying to escape the burden of cooking and cleaning. If you have a busy lifestyle, cooking at home can be tough as you constantly have to be on the go.
But, do we choose the right and healthy food over tasty unhealthy food?
There has been a significant rise in the number of slimming centres across the cities. Also, gym equipments are widely available to help you reach your fitness goals.
Why are we still lured to the junk, unhealthy food?
- Life is too short. I want to eat eat everything I love.
- I do not have the time to prepare healthy food.
- My friends take junk food all the time. I don't want to be left out.
How will this affect me and the rest of the world?
- Fast food need not be bad. But it may contain large amount of unhealthy fats, carbohydrates and may be subject to high processing and preservatives.
- It can affect digestive, cardiovascular and respiratory system
- Thanks to the chemicals and fertilisers used to produce fast food, water quantity has been hit significantly. This denies clean water for farming, which reduces the production of healthy food
- Dairy products used in fast food is produced in factory farms where animals are forced to cruel conditions
What can I do to control junk food intake?
- You cannot stop your junk food starting on day 1. Consume less quantity. Share a meal instead of purchasing separate meals.
- Switch to fresh fruit juices and tender coconut over aerated, packaged drinks.
- Replace your evening snacks with fresh fruits and sprouts.
- Follow a vegan diet.
- Replace fried items with baked food.
Remember, it all starts with you. By following a healthier diet you are not just helping yourself. You also make the world a better place for the rest of the society.