How Ashwagandha Powder is Beneficial for Health
Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera is an age old-herb used in Ayurvedic medicines and is used widely because of its benefits for both body and mind. It is well-known as an adaptogenic herb which means it helps to relieve physiological and psychological stress by adapting to the needs of the body. It also helps in chronic stress by lowering the levels of stress hormone, cortisol and revitalizing the body without any side effects. Ashwagandha has a calming influence on the body and can effectively lower anxiety, depression, insomnia and stress-induced aging.
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian Ginseng, is used to revitalize bodily functions, improve body composition, muscle mass and strength. It helps to maintain a healthy immune system and support a comfortable joint movement. It is also known to increase the height of children during their growth years. Ashwagandha is a safe and natural alternative that increases endurance and helps in fast recovery in athletes, while also promoting overall body wellness.
Its energizing, as well as calming effect, proves very beneficial for elderly people. People in old age mostly suffer from tissue inflammations which lead to pain in muscles and joints. Arthritis also causes pain and stiffness in multiple joints which aggravates with age. Ashwagandha’s anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation of tissues and ease the pain. It is also known to enhance brain power which may be beneficial for forgetfulness and dementia in old age. Ashwagandha also helps to maintain blood cholesterol level and fluctuation of blood pressure.
Its aphrodisiac properties help maintain a healthy reproductive system in both male and female. It helps increase testosterone levels and significantly boosts sperm quality and fertility in men.
Narbada Ayurveda. 2.4K likes. Get closer to Mother Nature with 100% natural products by Narbada Ayurveda. Our range of…www.facebook.com
How To Use
Ayurvedic medicinal preparations often use ashwagandha root or leaf powder. It can be taken in different ways that are listed below:
- Its recommended dosage is 1–2 tsps ashwagandha powder twice daily. The most traditional way of consuming it is to boil ashwagandha powder in water to make a mild decoction or to mix it with milk, buttermilk, ghee, or honey.
- It can be consumed in form of tea where 2 tsps Ashwagandha Powder is boiled in approximately 3 cups of water for 10–15 minutes. It is then strained and 1/4 cup should be consumed daily.
- It can be consumed by mixing with ghee. Roast 2 tbsps ashwagandha powder in 1/2 cup ghee and add 1 tbsp date sugar. Store it in the refrigerator for longer life. Add 1 tsp of this mixture to a glass of milk or water and consume daily.
- One teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder with ghee, sugar, and honey is a very good aphrodisiac.
- Pregnant women are recommended to not consume it until they are breastfeeding.
- Ashwagandha powder is safe to be consumed for a longer duration, to be specific for a stretch of 6 to 8 weeks. It is advisable to abstain it for a month before resuming its consumption to avoid dependence.