The Sound of Islam: Uprising Nasheed Singers
Ahmed Bukhatir is a popular name in the Islamic music industry today. He is a true Islamic nasheed singer who wishes to spread the message of love and peace all over the world through his music/nasheeds.
Bukhatir is the only nasheed singer from the UAE who has topped the Virgin music chart. He is particularly famous for his “acapella” style of singing and has more than 10 million fans across 5 continents. He is truly a performer who proves that “music has a universal language.” He strives to convey his message to the world in as many languages as possible and to this point he has sung nasheeds in Arabic, English and French.
· Ahmed Bukhatir is the only UAE singer whose songs/nasheeds revolves around values, character and relationships.
· His songs are mostly about how we, as creation of God, should try to become a good human being and value and be thankful to whatever we have been given by God before it is taken away.
Born in Tripoli, Lebanon, Maher Zain is a famous Swedish R&B singer, songwriter and music producer. To date, Maher has released two albums namely “Thank You Allah” in 2009 and “Forgive Me” in 2012 under the production company “Awakening Records.”
He has worked in New York with the world famous music producer “RedOne,” but later he decided to create music that portrays his roots.The genres that Maher focuses on in his songs include Islamic, R&B and soul. The musical instruments that he typically employs in his songs include keyboard, guitar, piano, percussions and synthesizers.
Maher Zain’s family moved from Lebanon to Sweden when he was only 8 years old. There, he completed his studies and gained a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering. After completing his graduation, he entered the music industry in Sweden in the year 2005 and got associated with the Swedish music producer “RedOne.” Maher later got involved with his Islamic faith and thus decided to move away from his career as a music producer and became an Islamic singer/songwriter of contemporary R&B music with a strong Islamic influence.
Sami Yusuf is a renowned name in the Islamic music industry. He belongs to Iran and is basically a British musician, singer, composer, record producer and songwriter and has worked with popular production companies such as Awakening Records, Andante Records, ETM International and Warner Music Group. He uses piano, tar, daf, santoor, tonbak, keyboard and violin in his songs.
· His debut album was released in 2003 which he named as “Al-Mu’allim.”
· He followed up with his second album “My Ummah” in 2005.
· And then launched his third official album “Wherever You Are” in 2010. He refers his genre of music as “Spiritique.”
· Yusuf released his fourth album “Salaam” in 2012.
· Followed up by his fifth album “The Center” in 2014.
· In 2015, his sixth official album “Songs of the Way” was released.
· In 2016, he released his seventh album “Barakah.
Besides music, Sami Yusuf is also involved in many charitable activities and humanitarian initiatives around the world.