The highs and lows
Well, the SIXTH week of my university life has already passed and of course I`ve got in a lot of different situations during this time that can be named the “highs” and the “lows”.
So, lets start with a more plesant thing…
THE HIGHS OF THE 5TH&6TH WEEKS AT THE UNIVERSITY
- I`ve finally started to read the book that I bought more than a year ago. I read the book “The catcher in the rye” in Russian twice and then I decided to read it in original. However, I had neither time, no willpower to do it. But now everything has changed because of pleasure reading. No matter whether I have power and free time or not, I must read the book. Yeah, I`m happy!
- I danced with my groupmates on the stage. Yeah, it`s the high, because I can`t dance at all! I`m grateful to the girls who beared my clumsiness and showed me the same movements about hundred times.
- I`ve improved my skills in navigation around the university. But just a little bit.
THE LOWS OF THE 5TH&6TH WEEKS AT THE UNIVERSITY
- Poor me, I`ve undestimated the professionalism of the pickpockets who works in Nizhny Novgorod! The theft wasn`t the best experience in my life, but now I know that it`s absolutely necessary to be careful when going by bus.
- About five times I fell asleep during the lectures even if they were interesting. I`m very ashamed, but it`s true.
- I really wanted to start studying Chinese, but I failed. I attended two classes and understood that they don`t interest me as much as our English classes. Certainly, nothing compares with our English classes, but I expected to get more emotions. Moreover, it turned to be very hard for me take these extracurricular classes. Nevertheless, I still hope one day I`ll be able to study this wonderful language.