8 Benefits of Green Tea that you didn’t know about.
Some people consider that green tea is the healthiest beverage on the world. It contains antioxidants and nutrients that positively affect our body. These substances fight against free radicals which can cause a lot of damages. It boosts our metabolism, helps in losing weight, improves brain functions, but it has also a lot of other benefits. We will present you 8 most important benefits of green tea, that you have probably didn’t know about.
1. Weight loss. Although many people discuss weight loss benefits of green tea, it is considered one of the most powerful products for losing weight. It speeds our metabolism, so that our body can burn fat more efficiently. Also, can reduce hunger, so you won’t have the urge to overeat. Every time you feel hungry, just drink it a cup, and the hunger will disappear.
2. Improves blood flow. It is very good for cardiovascular health, because it improves circulation and blood flow in the body. Flavonoids which are contained in green tea can relax the blood vessels and allow blood to flow through the body. If you drink every day, your arteries will expand temporarily and the blood will circulate regularly through the entire body.
3. Improves cholesterol. Studies have shown that green tea helps in lowering bad cholesterol, so it can prevent a lot of ailments (for example, coronary artery disease). Powerful antioxidants in green tea prevent build-up of the plaques on arterial walls and reduce cholesterol. It is also known that green tea prevent heart diseases and stroke and improves blood circulation in the entire body.
4. Prevents diabetes. It helps in preventing and treating diabetes, because it is rich in antioxidants. Catechins are antioxidants that have a positive effect on glucose metabolism, so that diabetics can maintain regular levels of insulin. Also, can reduce insulin sensitivity. Studies have showed that green tea can lower the risk of diabetes.
5. Fights against cancer. One of the most important benefits of green tea is fighting cancer. Thanks to its antioxidants, also helps in fighting cancer. Studies have shown that can reduce the risk of different types of cancer, such as prostate cancer, breast cancer or colorectal cancer. The antioxidants have the ability to improve cell regeneration and cell health.
6. Improves brain functions. Many studies have shown that powerful antioxidants in green tea prevent build-up of the plaques that cause brain deterioration. Also, it is proved that green tea improves all brain functions and cognitive activities. It is considered that green tea can make us smarter. Green tea can also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
7. Sleep easy. Studies have shown that antioxidant components in green tea have soothing effects on our nerves. It is proved that green tea can help people sleep better, so it is good to drink a cup of green tea before going to bed.
8. Skincare. It is a frequent ingredient in many lotions and facial cleansers. Due to its powerful antioxidants, green tea can prevent skin damages and help in cell regeneration. Studies have shown that its antioxidants calm inflammations and prevent damages from UVA and UVB rays.
We have presented you some of the most important benefits of green tea. Apart from those mentioned benefits, it’s good to know that green tea has also anti-aging effects. It is considered that people who consume it live longer and look younger. So if you drink it on a daily basis, you will certainly feel and look better, you will lower the risk of many chronic diseases and you will also lose weight. But, don’t put any milk in your green tea, because it can reduce its antioxidant value. Also, it is important to know that caffeine and fluoride it contain, so we recommend you to consult your doctor before consuming it, especially if you have any health problems or if you take any medications.
Originally published at en.ermagazin.com on February 22, 2016.